Was this your rs3 (number 2)???

RSJACK

audi and my dealer have been utterly superb, they found an extra spot at the end of the run for me, according to audi its the last UK car and they have lent me a car until it comes, i have to make a small contribution to it but i got to spec a few bits that wernt on my car

boy am i glad i hadn't chipped it :D

Great news and agree about if it had been chipped!!

So R8 loan car ? :)

if i pushed i probably could ge an R8 for a weekend,

problem is if i tested one I WOULD BUY a new one and then i would be skint all the time, but oh so happy ;)

i have an A6 TDi SE quattro V6 luxury boat lol

I think it's fair to say I have done quite a stint in the original facelift S3's having had 2 since 2002. I love mine and if I could afford it, an RS3 would be an obvious choice, but I must say the red one I see locally quite regularly with the black wheels with red detailing is disappointing. It looks nothing special. I can't see how they can command the price they retail for. If they depreciate like a Pheaton or R36 / W8 Passat I might reconsider.

I think it's fair to say I have done quite a stint in the original facelift S3's having had 2 since 2002. I love mine and if I could afford it, an RS3 would be an obvious choice, but I must say the red one I see locally quite regularly with the black wheels with red detailing is disappointing. It looks nothing special. I can't see how they can command the price they retail for. If they depreciate like a Pheaton or R36 / W8 Passat I might reconsider.

My R32 was coming up for 5 years old (and knackered) so I drove many cars to work out a short list including the 1M (amazing car but i need 5 seats and duel clutch) so the S3 and R golf where the obvious choice for me, to my spec the S3 new was £39,500 and the R Golf £42000!!!

So a dealer registered RS3 for 40K was a no brainer in my mind

They don't look that different but then what RS or M car does to anyone over than a car nerd, and that's the whole point there pretty stealthy which i like.

And for a similar price to the S3/R you are getting, rarity which keeps residuals up (i turned down an offer of 39k for my car when it was 5 months old) a simply amazing 5 pot engine (engine of the year 2010+11) which dynos around 350bhp on SUL, a superfast 7 speed wet clutch DSG (not available to the S3 or R) a completely new back end setup, new suspension, monster brakes, carbon fibre front wings (marketing gimmick :P) wider track which is very noticeable on turn in.

Not a hard choice really

Edited by Eric Pisch

I can see how an RS3 can be described as stealthy because it looks so similar to the rest of the range.

A 1M though? The arches are so flared it's impossible to think it's just another 1 series and they're not remotely stealthy! They're very 'in your face' - and the rear quad pipes don't exactly hide either!

If it was me, looking at the prices of low mileage E92 M3's then I think that's where my money would go. Bigger, faster, dual clutch gearbox available, etc.

That said, it's not me and I hope you enjoy the second car. It'd be a very dull world if we all liked the same.

the 3s official 60 is a nat's cock faster than the E92 and can be remapped to 410bhp, if it really matters, there all too fast for the public road imo

in terms of size the sport back is only a few cms shorter than the RS2 so its hardly small

i do like the M cars thou, but i would need the touring version (pees me off BMW don't offer them to the UK), which I assume we still don't get? I would have been very tempted by the 1M if it was in the 5 door guise

i have had too many nightmares with second hand cars so there not an option

Edited by Eric Pisch

• 3 months later...