Authorising the eject on the A6 dvd sat nav.

kennymc

Hi all,

After 2 years finally back in an Audi (c6 2.0 tdi SE 170bhp saloon) and loving it.

What are the benifits of having the eject function enabled other than being able to update the sat nav disc?

And is it worth it when cost of the stealer/ kind hearted forum dude with VAG COM does it?

The dvd drive is in the glovebox with the 2 sd card slots underneath.

And is the jukebox function disabled along with the eject function or does my car just not have it?

So many questions. (Oh and how do I tell what level of MMI is fitted to the car? It will be the bog standard that came in the 2010 SE tiptronic).

Thanks for any help guys.

Kenny

If you have a DVD navigation with SD card slots , then it is it Navigation low and does not have the HDD jukebox function.

Also from 2011 you will have to have a disk update authorized by audi with a key, so no more copy disks.

Edited by craigyb

Hi all,

After 2 years finally back in an Audi (c6 2.0 tdi SE 170bhp saloon) and loving it.

What are the benifits of having the eject function enabled other than being able to update the sat nav disc?

And is it worth it when cost of the stealer/ kind hearted forum dude with VAG COM does it?

The dvd drive is in the glovebox with the 2 sd card slots underneath.

And is the jukebox function disabled along with the eject function or does my car just not have it?

So many questions. (Oh and how do I tell what level of MMI is fitted to the car? It will be the bog standard that came in the 2010 SE tiptronic).

Thanks for any help guys.

Kenny

You have the 3G MMI. Ignore the idiots on the web who say that you only have 3G if you have a joystick on the top of the MMI controller they are wrong. The joystick only comes with the Navigation High option along with HDD. Also on my 09 A6 with 3G DVD Navigation Low the eject button is not locked and the DVD drive can be used for playing CDs and if there the CD autochanger was not specified then it is the only way of playing a CD in the car