Collected Q5

Palace

First impressions, picked it up with delivery mileage.

Even in the wet it held the road like a limpet.

Comfortable. Memory seat/mirrors work well, my wife is taller than my 5'9"

Dipped head lights like 2 glow worms in a black jar, ie absolute s**t going to fit new bulbs!!!

Average fuel consumption 31.5 mpg still tight as a ducks a**e & 5 mpg better than the Kia Sorento it replaced.

B&O sound system fantastic; my wife, son, daughter & 7 month grand son and me boogied all the way home from Dorset (Pool Audi) at loud volume...

Still not keen on the fitted "standard mobile phone preparation-Bluetooth interface" with no voice control. Surprisingly I pressed the button on the 3 spoke wheel and a female voice said "voice commands" ? ? ?;

Flappy paddle gear change useful on hills etc. no discernible throttle or gear change lag on s-tronic, my son who is at vehicle college commented on fast speed of gear changes.

It's p**sing down with rain Photos when dry... B&O far better than I expected we used my son's latest I pad with built in equaliser, listened to everything from Prodigy to Mumford & son, on radio classical music was also great... I'm a music tart with eclectic taste.

And I used to have a car with 23 speakers 7 amp channels + parametric graphic equaliser, & for a hobby I used to lecture on sound system installation.

We miss the Mark Levinson system from the old RX400, that was very good indeed. The X5 has the BMW Professional with HiFi speaker upgrade etc, but it's nothing like as crisp. It's still more than ample for our needs and we probably never even appreciated the ML system for what it was, but every now and again certain tracks just don't ring out as well as they did on that.

Now even more confused my son has some how activated voice control to late now but must investigate seems (no surprise) craigyb was right I was told all of the staff at Pool Audi used buttons not voice and you can store contacts ????????????