Why no 1M owners?

Andrew

Were the old ones a type of run flat?

Nope they don't fit run-flats to their M car range (so I believe).

When its Spring and the winters come off, a full set of Super Sports will replace the rubbish RFT's on the 1er.

i guess you had the Conti Sport M3's originally Chris ? Not run-flats (M-cars don't run them) but I've always hated the contis.

No, the car had the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres as standard. They're OK but produce nowhere near the levels of grip that the SuperSports do. The difference is really quite staggering!

As soon as I've done enough sodding mileage to scrub my rears I'll be buying PSS for it. Got the Contis on at the moment but don't think they are too bad but I'm hardly pushing them!

Are yours 265 35 19s Chris (at the rear)?

Yep 265/35/19 at the rear and 245/35/19 at the front. I could have gone for a larger tyre (some owners are running between 275 and 295) but I wanted to stay with the stock sizes.

One other thing to add, these tyres are meant to be a lot better with regards to wear. The Pilot Sport 2's had around 8500 miles on them when I changed and they did have tread left. I'd say they could have probably seen another couple of thousand miles before they would have been cooked. However owners are reporting that they are seeing a lot more miles out of the SuperSports, so it'll be interesting to see if it's true.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same size as the M3 wheels - would you mind divulging the price and source? Understand if you got such a good bargain you could not possibly share it of course! +++

They were ordered through a local firm called Super-Tyres (in Maldon, Essex). Super-Tyres are well known around this way as the place you take any performance car (e.g. They have photos of various exotic cars that they've fitted wheels too, such as an Enzo, various Lambos, Ferrari, etc).

The price I think was around £1160. Can't remember fully the price for the rears and fronts, but they were competitive compared to some online quotes I found. This price was fully fitted as well.