New car Friday

Biscuits

Pros:

FAST and once mapped will be pretty mental

Small chuck able well ballanced chassis

Very torquey engine that pulls for ever

I think with normal PS2's or SuperSports the rear end would be more supple and not spin so much, so not really sure a Quaiffe will be needed. Think a remapp and non-run flats are the only mods destined for it... probably ;)

Over all it's a very capable car, easy to drive quickly and not very expensive to run compared to other equally quick cars. I can't really think of another car at this level I'd rather have.

Thats really all i wanted to hear.You have summed the 135i up perfectly and one will definitely be on my radar next time round..+++

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to say thanks to Simon at North Oxford BMW for a very slick and hassle free handover.Despite some very wet weather i thoroughly enjoyed the 139mile drive home.:D

Think the bridgestone rflt's will be going at some point,and will probably go for the bmw performance exhaust in the not to distant future..

135i001_zpsde9fdf7b.jpg

That looks excellent. Perfect for a remap too. Biscuits can tell you how much the N55 remap from Evolve changes the power delivery in terms of smoothness and response.

Thanks,will be interested to hear Biscuits thoughts on the remap..:D

Looks really good in blue - I really didn't like the 1-series coupe when it was released - but it has kind of grown on me.

I always quite liked the coupe shape.The interior is a bit more roomy than the E87 Hatch..

Eez nice car meester. I have liking eet +++

Hey amigo' i am zzanking uu veerryy muchho..:)

Thanks,will be interested to hear Biscuits thoughts on the remap..:D

Congrats +++

They really are an excellent little car, had mine over a year now, so that says something! lol

Remapped they are quite monstrously fast, only 100+ would an M3 start to pull away. Evolve best bet for a remap, speak to Imran. Others out there and I tried the COBB AccessPort which was good. Manual or Auto/DCT ? Watch your clutch if manual, like I say, remapped the engine has HUGE torque :D

Run flats are the biggest let down, not driven many miles so I still have them on, but are the only other thing I'd change.

Congrats +++

They really are an excellent little car, had mine over a year now, so that says something! lol

Remapped they are quite monstrously fast, only 100+ would an M3 start to pull away. Evolve best bet for a remap, speak to Imran. Others out there and I tried the COBB AccessPort which was good. Manual or Auto/DCT ? Watch your clutch if manual, like I say, remapped the engine has HUGE torque :D

Run flats are the biggest let down, not driven many miles so I still have them on, but are the only other thing I'd change.

Thanks,mines a manual.

I did have a look at Evolves figures for the N54 and they are very impressive.I assume there will be similar gains for the N55 but not showing on their site yet.

What is the COBB accessPort?

The car had been filled with bp 95ron when i collected,and runs fine so will probably stick with the 95.

Do you have any preferance with fuel?

Have to say the rflt's are no where near as bad as on the 130 i had.I probably wont bother doing anything with these until i have to..:grin:

Thanks,mines a manual.

I did have a look at Evolves figures for the N54 and they are very impressive.I assume there will be similar gains for the N55 but not showing on their site yet.

What is the COBB accessPort?

The car had been filled with bp 95ron when i collected,and runs fine so will probably stick with the 95.

Do you have any preferance with fuel?

Have to say the rflt's are no where near as bad as on the 130 i had.I probably wont bother doing anything with these until i have to..:grin:

N55 engine has some restrictions with accessing the ECU, COBB don't offer a solution but I'm pretty sure Evolve do. Imran is a top guy there, so worth dropping him a call/email.

The x35i engine doesn't really need 98/99/100 RON fuel, unlike the NA M3 engines, so I just stick with 95. I ran VPower in the E92 M3 and the Z4MR and both ran much smoother and pulled harder up top.

The E82 chassis is much better suited to the RFTs, but you still get loss of grip in ripply corners. Supersports would be my next upgrade, but I suspect the car won't last that long :coffee:

N55 engine has some restrictions with accessing the ECU, COBB don't offer a solution but I'm pretty sure Evolve do. Imran is a top guy there, so worth dropping him a call/email.

The x35i engine doesn't really need 98/99/100 RON fuel, unlike the NA M3 engines, so I just stick with 95. I ran VPower in the E92 M3 and the Z4MR and both ran much smoother and pulled harder up top.

The E82 chassis is much better suited to the RFTs, but you still get loss of grip in ripply corners. Supersports would be my next upgrade, but I suspect the car won't last that long :coffee:

Think i will keep things standard for the time being.Interesting comments about the fuel,

i will probably stick with 95 RON,its also recommended in the drivers handbook.

Definitely agree about the E82 chassis and the rflt's,it seems much more compliant than the E87 chassis..

I was getting 372 hp out of mine....when I could bear to drive it. (Air induction system on it too to get that).

As is said above too, I threw any old tat fuel in mine. Mainly in the hope it would blow up.

Who done the remap?You were obviously happy with it on 95 RON fuel..

Think i will keep things standard for the time being.Interesting comments about the fuel,

i will probably stick with 95 RON,its also recommended in the drivers handbook. Definitely agree about the E82 chassis and the rflt's,it seems much more compliant than the E87 chassis... Who done the remap?You were obviously happy with it on 95 RON fuel..

Evolve did MrMe's remap. There are loads of remapping companies out there. From experience, I would recommend:

BMW - Evolve or DMS

VAG/Volvo - Shark Performance

Porsche - DMS or 9E

• 4 weeks later...
The cars been back wih the dealer a week now to check some issues out!New clutch and flywheel now on order from Germany,should be fitted next week..

Hmmmm.... I recon the clutch on a manual car is the weak point on these cars. What was the problem ? Mine certainly suffered when it was remapped! :)

Car would stall when pulling away in first,revs would drop to 3/400rpm,tried feathering the accelerator to increase revs but nothing there.

This happened a few times on my first drive home from the dealer,but i put it down to a poor tank of fuel!

The problem did improve over the next couple of weeks but every now and again it would reappear.

Also experienced clutch judder a few times first thing in the morning,going from first to second.

Reported problems to the dealer and they collected the car last Saturday leaving me a loan car.Had a good chat with the driver and explained what had been going on,and to be careful at busy junctions,roundabouts etc.

He experienced similar issues on drive back which he also reported.

Car has covered 55k from new with one lady owner with FBMWSH,and will be 3 years old on the 29th of this month.

Dealer know the car as they sold it and have looked after it.

Just pleased i have the bmw warranty as dread to think what this would cost out of warranty!:eek:

Edited by CJ92