New car Friday

Biscuits

Just pleased i have the bmw warranty as dread to think what this would cost out of warranty!:eek:

Indeed, but it wouldn't be as much as the guy on the old BM3W forums who bought an E46 M3 from an independent when it was 8 months out of warranty.

They provided 3 months warranty - and the Double VANOS on the engine went pop after it had expired. The indy had no obligation and BMW rejected any goodwill claim because the car had done 65,000 miles.

He had financed the car to the hilt and found himself faced with an £8,000 bill.

I still don't know what happened, but I do know he admitted he was in tears and didn't know where to turn next. Very sad, and a reminder to all - if the worst can happen, it probably will.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, but it wouldn't be as much as the guy on the old BM3W forums who bought an E46 M3 from an independent when it was 8 months out of warranty.

They provided 3 months warranty - and the Double VANOS on the engine went pop after it had expired. The indy had no obligation and BMW rejected any goodwill claim because the car had done 65,000 miles.

He had financed the car to the hilt and found himself faced with an £8,000 bill.

This is why i would not buy one of these cars from anywhere but BMW with a years warranty.Same thing happened to a friend of mine who brought an E36 M3,six months into ownership.

All sorted under warranty by BMW.

If your buying from an independent or privately,you have to budget for the worst scenario,as nothing is a cheap fix when they go wrong..

• 4 weeks later...

Well my car came back fitted with a new flywheel and clutch,and I am pleased to report

that it has sorted out the stalling issue.

As a goodwill gesture BMW finance have also refunded my first payment plus the credit arrangement fee,

so all in all a very good result..:D