Got case now which iPad?

eldavo69

Ok, after some pointers on here I ordered an iPad case but now I need to decide on an iPad flavour.

Going to get one tomorrow, all in stock so no issues there. So, I spend my £400 on an iPad 2 wifi 32gb or on a New iPad wifi 16gb.

It will spend 95% of it's time in the house so don't need 3G (can always tether to iPhone if needed). Won't be used for music or movies (maybe a few when we go away or suchlike but nothing regularly).

Budget is fixed so it's either or (unless somebody tells me it's really NOT worth the extra for a new IPad, but you'd better have a very convincing argument)

Ta very muchly!

Personally I'd get the device with most storage, but the retina display would be a big attraction too.

I'd also strongly recommend 3G though.....

However, you may as well spend on the newest device as the retina display is very special. Just don't expect 16gb to last long....

I've posted this before, but it's worth re-visiting.

I bought an iPad 1 on launch day. Just the wifi version, as I reckoned, 'mostly in the house or hotels (which usually have wifi) and I have an iPhone for tethering'.

I then found that I was using it in ways I hadn't envisaged, and really needed a 3G version, so ended up buying a 3G and giving the wifi iPad to Mrs Twinspark.

I'd have saved a lot of money by going with a 3G initially.

Yup, hence why I always recommend people get the 3G version.

You buy an iPad thinking you'll do X with it, and before you know it you realise how bloody good they are and want to do X, Y and Z....+++

I bought the 3G version and couldn't have managed without it. I'm still using the first iPad I bought on the day they first launched - and it's easily the best gadget of all time in my view.

She got a iPad2 through work a few months ago and it spends it's whole life on our sofa. It's a WiFi one and I'm glad I haven't bought one myself, especially 3G. Hardly ever use it. Sometimes pick it up for twitter or surfing, but hate using the keyboard on it and Faceache is as limited as the iPhone. Any sustained surfing is much better on the Netbook which takes just a few seconds more to boot up. I can't envisage taking it anywhere even if it's size weren't limiting.

/poopoo

I understand if you get better use out of it than me though +++

If you are willing to shell out a few extra to get a data plan to go with your iPad, I might as well suggest that you get the one with the 4g capability. Apple hardware are best enjoyed with connection to the internet and unless you have something to tether your iPad some internet with, your best bet would be to go with the 4g option. Not really that much use for a wifi only version in that sense.

If you are willing to shell out a few extra to get a data plan to go with your iPad, I might as well suggest that you get the one with the 4g capability. Apple hardware are best enjoyed with connection to the internet and unless you have something to tether your iPad some internet with, your best bet would be to go with the 4g option. Not really that much use for a wifi only version in that sense.

4G doesn't make much sense in the UK as when it will eventually be rolled out in the UK it will not be compatible with this device.