What is it with Subaru Impreza owners?

Mook

I think what MrMe is trying to say is that it's all very well saying spend when the kids get older, but usually the money gets spent on what she wants.

My new car fund has taken a hammering over the last 2 weeks due to bathroom refurbs. Apparently I've just paid over a grand for a shower. It better be a fecking nice one. Or made of platinum.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See now the P1 I'll give you, but (forgetting about imports) the rest of the 'special editions' really weren't actually all that special, compared to the UK 2000 with a Prodrive pack, they didn't really offer much more than a decal pack.

You're mainly right, but good ones are still slightly more sought after than similar examples of the standard UK turbo.

With the odd exception, the special editions got you some fancy decals, a limited edition numbered plate on the dash, different seat trim and a unique (at the time) paint colour ... Subaru UK were notorious for adding that colour to the standard range the following year. I think the RB5 came with the Prodrive Pack as standard. I know my Terzo didn't.

The P1 was a different proposition altogether. It started life as a JDM 2 door WRX, then got a complete refettling at Prodrive. It was pretty much the best a mk1 Impreza road car could get, but it was expensive and - by then - an old car.

I'm in. :)

Lol, should make for an interesting drive over the Alps!

Have you got travel insurance? It may a be a small comfort when we're plunging 1000's of feet over the edge of a ravine, that at least our bodies will be re-patriated without our next of kins getting a bill!