Claiming back PPI

cabby

A friend at work mentioned today that he'd had a response from Lloyds bank in relation to a refund associated with his mortgage. I was expecting him to mention a smallish sum - oh no, £9k's worth !

He explained he'd done all the paperwork himself (chap at Lloyds actually wished home luck when he explained why he needed the various info. from the bank) and was pretty straightforward even if the Indian call centre did almost put him off :roflmao:.

Thought it worth mentioning a 'genuine' success given how many dodge companies appear to be out there trying to 'help' with this.

Did mine a little while back, one phone call to Lloyds (they have PPI reclaim as an option in the phone menu), and I got back every penny I was owed, plus the interest.

Mine only amounted to around £800 but there are some stories of huge claims.

Not really, mine was added to the agreement but hidden within the monthly payments without any indication it was there, and I'd specifically asked not to have it, as I always do because I'm self employed and wouldn't be able to claim on it.

That's why they refunded me without question, because it'd been hidden.

Rather oddly (unless it's one of you? ha ha) I've had a random text today from an unknown mobile number saying "Records indicate you are entitled to circa £3,250 in compensation from the mis-selling of PPI on your credit card or loan. Reply PPI for more secure info"

My mobile number is only two years old v my old mobile number I'd had for 15 years so bit hacked off this has appeared ...... that and as far as I am aware I'm never had ppi on a loan, surely wouldn't be on a credit card if you pay balance in full every month?

It'll be off the same people who keep telling me their records show I'm due £4000 compensation for my accident.

Although quite why you'd get £4000 compen for pissing yourself when you're drunk is beyond me*

* I haven't *really* pissed myself. Yet.

i did mine with the help of a guide on the money saving expert site got over 7.5k back still waiting for the credit card one that i didnt know about when i took it out and i also helped my brother get 3k back all for a couple of letters.

I have never had PPI on a loan. I've usually had loans to buy cars, so if ever I lost my job, I'd sell the car and clear the loan.

I get loads of texts and phone calls at work about 'claiming back your PPI'. Some people must use these companies? Means the punter misses out on upto 50% of the payback!!! :roflmao: