Mike Ashley does it again

NewNiceMrMe

You'll not believe this, but it's all over Twitter and on the local news now.

The Olympic Torch relay has had to be RE-ROUTED because he hadn't done as requested and removed the advertising from St James!

It'll mean St James is the only stadium in which Olympic football has ever been played (planned) that the Torch won't have gone inside, and the people that had gathered to see the Torch there....don't get to see it.

You've got to hand it to him, he's a total and utter tit.

How have they not made sure he did it? Is this just the "Sports Direct" bit? If so, that's the name of the stadium so agree with Ashley - feck the Olympics' rules.

Umm, no, it was also all the hoardings inside the stadium where it was meant to be ran around the pitch. He basically ignored every condition they gave for doing it, despite the fact they agreed to it in the first place.

Incidentally, it's not the official name of the stadium if you're the local borough council.:roflmao:

The official name is still St James Park as far as they're concerned and the local council will happily point that out to you on all the signs they've refused to change despite Ashleys protests.

I was reading a blog about the Olympic Torch relay the other day about how it was the most horrendous piece of over the top marketing this person had seen, including double sided flags with the Union Flag on one side then Samsung on the other. Massive buses who's sole purpose is advertising etc etc.

It's not come to Portsmouth yet so i've not seen it in person but it did sound a touch OTT. Funny that they should complain about someone elses in situ advertising...

horrendous piece of over the top marketing this person had seen, including double sided flags with the Union Flag on one side then Samsung on the other. Massive buses who's sole purpose is advertising etc etc.

I think there were Coke, Samsung & Lloyds TSB busses when I saw the torch in Newquay.

LittleMissMe went to see the Torch relay and came home with one of the Union Flags they were giving out.....with Samsung emblazoned all over the reverse side.:roflmao:

It's clever marketing and if the partners are paying a lot of money (which you can be assured they will be) then I don't have a problem with it.

To LittleMissMe it was a flag. Nothing more.

p.s. as is said above, all those buses were present. The Coca-Cola bus is quite cool. They hand out thousands and thousands of free cans of Coke to people lining the route.