Landy Defender

AudiPartner

It's an excellent plan.

I bought one just so that I could move around even in the snow, and quickly fell in love with it. It is the most honest car I've ever seen. It doesn't go fast. It doesn't go smoothly. It doesn't go quietly. It doesnt go comfortably. But it always goes.

It's also so simple. Mine has rain-sensing wipers, for example. When it rains, the water drips on my knee and that reminds me to turn the wipers on. Pretty much everything else is like that, too.

It does the mucky stuff, no question. I put a rubber mat in mine, now nothing touches it. Lob anything in the back and drive off.

The dog loves it, if he sees the back door open he'll jump in because he knows we go to nice places that he likes in it.

Everyone scatters out of your way at junctions, too. They know that if they scrape you, it will do ££££s of damage to their Eurobox and put a 50p scratch on your chassis rail that is at (roughly) eye level to them. No-one argues, but no-one. Yet, at the same time, everyone loves you because it is a classless classic British car.

So, yes, I love it :grin: and you can't have mine.

What you want, what you really really want, is one of the Defenders that BG Auto's have got for sale up here.

I've been looking at these for weeks now but know if I parked one on the drive MrsMe would go crazy.

Because....

They're fully Armoured Snatch V8's that were used by the British Army in Northern Ireland.

Now i think it's safe to say what patently said, but in capitals....NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE, WILL ARGUE WITH YOU IN ONE OF THESE. :roflmao:

Armoured Land Rover Defenders V8's - 6 for sale

I've often fancied a Defender for exactly the same reasons.

My ex father on law has recently bought a fully restored 1950 Series 1 to go with his Disco 4 and RR Sport.

He said it is much better than his new ones and gets much more attention on the road.

It's an excellent plan. I bought one just so that I could move around even in the snow, and quickly fell in love with it. It is the most honest car I've ever seen. It doesn't go fast. It doesn't go smoothly. It doesn't go quietly. It doesnt go comfortably. But it always goes. It's also so simple. Mine has rain-sensing wipers, for example. When it rains, the water drips on my knee and that reminds me to turn the wipers on. Pretty much everything else is like that, too. It does the mucky stuff, no question. I put a rubber mat in mine, now nothing touches it. Lob anything in the back and drive off.
You`v just saved me 10 minutes...I agree with everything you`v said....I`am tempted to either buy either a newer model or even a brand new one before Land Rover kick the classic Defender into touch and replace it with what will undoubtedly be just another 4x4.....Fitted with all terrain tyres...no amount of snow will stop a Defender(slight exaggeration)....I had such a laugh exploring the back roads and lanes in snowy Snowdonia when the white stuff brought the UK to a halt a few years ago.

post-20949-137914484762_thumb.jpg

I love the air-con on mine....two flaps below the the windscreen which open to allow a rush of fresh air!!....mine also has the optional...Terrain Identifier;)...look down to the left..or right..and I can see what terrain I`am on by looking through the panel gaps between the door and the floor....I`am sure Audi charge 2k for that option:grin:

post-20949-137914484758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Man

mine also has the optional...Terrain Identifier;)...look down to the left..or right..and I can see what terrain I`am on by looking through the panel gaps between the door and the floor....I`am sure Audi charge 2k for that option:grin:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Don't forget classic Sniff: http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/07/15/land-rover-struggles-to-close-factory/

• 4 weeks later...