BT Infinity

Three_Mile

Just had a letter through from BT saying my exchange has been upgraded to this, so I can now order it.

Going on their website it estimates I'll get 33mb download, can't remember upload. How accurate are these estimates, and what do people think of the whole BT Infinity service.

Thanks

The estimates are pretty accurate and usually underestimate if anything. For me they estimated 78Mbps down and 20Mbps up. I'm getting about 77/19 so not far off.

I've got BT Infinity as a backup to my VM cable connection and I can't complain about it. It has so far been reliable.

Edited by burble

but if its already in an area then they have to use every avenue to get the most money back to help invest in getting it rolled out to other areas, it is very expensive as some of the ducts are near capacity and they are having to find dead cables that they can remove to fit the fibre in, and in some areas difficult to get planning for new street cabinets, as in the west end of Glasgow they had to fight to get the new cabinets as lots of people complained and delayed the work for months

Thanks for the reply guys, one more question.

How to you find it? is it reliable? On some tech forums there's lot of people complaining that they get drop outs etc.

I know people tend to only write on a forum if there's problem so just wondered how you guys were finding it.

Thanks again

I didn't reply to this originally because I have no personal experience of it - but as you mention complaints....yes I too have heard of plenty of complaints but they seem to centre on people complaining that they're left with little or no service for weeks after installation. Then it seems to pick up and away they go.

Let's face it, asking this type of question gives very little indication of what the end user will get.:roflmao:

Geography, local engineers, immediate issues around the property, problems related to a specific exchange etc - it's all so damned difficult to get an answer to.

Take VirginMedia. I have had close to excellent service and reliability (not 100%, but close). I enjoy 100mb most of the time. Yet Milo, 20 minutes down the road, has had the type of reliability, speed and service that is the stuff of nightmares. The inconsistency of telecoms providers never ceases to amaze me.

Let's face it, asking this type of question gives very little indication of what the end user will get.:roflmao:

Geography, local engineers, immediate issues around the property, problems related to a specific exchange etc - it's all so damned difficult to get an answer to.

Take VirginMedia. I have had close to excellent service and reliability (not 100%, but close). I enjoy 100mb most of the time. Yet Milo, 20 minutes down the road, has had the type of reliability, speed and service that is the stuff of nightmares. The inconsistency of telecoms providers never ceases to amaze me.

It has to go up a hill to get to Milo though so that slows it down a bit.

(and it's the wrong side of the river)