2003 Golf GTi 2.0 (115 bhp) 3dr

Ian_C

Advertised on behalf of a car enthusiast work colleague. Please contact Marcus on 07977866182

2003 '03' VW Golf Mk4 GTi 2.0 (115 bhp) 3dr, manual, only two previous owners, 73000 miles, FSH, Tax and Mot Sept 2012. Silver, climate, fogs, side airbags, 18" Black Alloy wheels, tints, upgraded headlights, Alpine touch screen stereo system with Rockford fosgate amp and sub and ipod connector, mint condition inside and out, no scratches on body work or marks or tears on interior. Reason for sale - buying mates S3! So no px thanks. 3,495 ono

VW3+plate+800.JPG

VW5+plate+800.JPG

VW1+plate+800.JPG

VW2+plate+800.JPG

VW6+800.JPG

Genuine reason for saying this - not a spoiler at all - is the price a misprint?

Is it meant to say £2,495 instead of £3,495?

Before I've posted this I've looked on Autotrader and the prices of almost identical and same model cars at dealers (independents) with warranties, 2002-2003, 70k to 90k on the clock, make me pretty sure this is a typo Ian?

if not, mods feel free to delete this cos' it is not intended to spoil the listing. I'm just nigh on certain he's typed the wrong price in error.

It may seem steep, but it sounds like an exceptionally well looked after example. Cars that age are worth what someone is willing to pay, and there maybe someone out there willing to pay that little extra for a near concourse example (if it actually is) that they will continue to look after.

If the price is correct, I don't blame him for taking a punt. There's no rule against offering a grand less...

Marcus couldn't decide between an asking price of 3,250 or 3,500, but he really needs 3200 to put towards the S3, hence went with the higher 'ono'. His mate is fortunate enough that he can buy his next car without selling the S3 first, but Marcus needs to sell the Golf. He's already turned down offers of 2 - 2,500 from traders who have rang him.

As mentioned above, yes, the 1.8 T is more desirable, but the condition and [relative] mileage of this one stand out above other GTis. I'm badgering him for a few more pics of the interior and seats. I've also suggested removing the tints as they may put people off, but the four sideglass ones can be removed pretty easily

It may seem steep, but it sounds like an exceptionally well looked after example. Cars that age are worth what someone is willing to pay, and there maybe someone out there willing to pay that little extra for a near concourse example (if it actually is) that they will continue to look after.

If the price is correct, I don't blame him for taking a punt. There's no rule against offering a grand less...

I was worried my post might come across as trying to say that, but I genuinely wasn't. I honestly thought it must be a typo. If it fetches anywhere close to that then well done him, because it'd tend to suggest that cars going for £2k on Autotrader through dealers are vastly underpriced.

As I said above though, mods feel free to delete this because it wasn't meant to be a 'spoiler'.+++

Reduced to 2999 ono.

As mentioned, the front tints have been removed - I think these might put people off - and the rear tints could come off too if the buyer requests. Marcus wants to leave it in, but selling the stereo separately is another option, again this could be discussed with buyer. As per comments and feedback above, I agree the stereo and bigger alloys (and tints) of course do not add to the car what they cost new.

Ive asked for some more interior pics including the seats as they are in really good condition.

Contact Marcus on 07977866182