European GP

Cuprabob

I'm certainly very much NOT in the know when it comes to racing rules but I fail to see how PM could try to defend his move and would hope he loses the point he won.

Hamilton was clearly, and justifiably in my opinion, very angry and those points could prove decisive if the season continues shifting to and fro.

I'm more and more impressed with Di Resta these days though. To hold on for as long as he did was quite remarkable and I won't be surprised if one of the big teams comes in and snatches him soon. My favourite part of the race was seeing the pack of cars in close quarter racing around lap 19-20. Very unusual to see but made for a great spectacle.

My favourite part of the race was seeing the pack of cars in close quarter racing around lap 19-20. Very unusual to see but made for a great spectacle.

Was that when Senna went full sideways and caught it +++

I agree about Di Resta, he's the real deal and would like to see him beside Alonso next year

Was a cracking race and well done Alonso for a superb win.

Hamilton was rightly furious, the fact that something as simple as a front jack prevented him from potentially winning the race is all the more galling. However he has already come out and said fair enough that he got hit and knocked out that's racing, I thought he might have flipped again.

F1 certainly isn't the slightest bit boring this year and long may it continue.

Maldinado handed retrospective drive through penalty for rejoining track in an unsafe manor. So loses his 1 point. He was to blame and from his point of view he should have waited and he would have sailed past Lewis. Lewis? While he was right to defend his position and he was blameless, I cant help but feel that his tyres were so shot that he should have settled for 4th and taken the points. It's not in a racing drivers character but this year more than any other you've got to keep scoring points. He's gone from 2 ahead to 23 behind. Still role on 2 weeks time when I can give maldinado the middle finger in the flesh!

Was that when Senna went full sideways and caught it +++

I agree about Di Resta, he's the real deal and would like to see him beside Alonso next year

Now that was a catch and a half! Sideways, recover and carry on. Top marks and superb to watch.

Pastor - he just went straight on - you could see him go straight on!

That was the best race in Valencia ever!

Was a cracking race and well done Alonso for a superb win.

Hamilton was rightly furious, the fact that something as simple as a front jack prevented him from potentially winning the race is all the more galling. However he has already come out and said fair enough that he got hit and knocked out that's racing, I thought he might have flipped again.

F1 certainly isn't the slightest bit boring this year and long may it continue.

Regarding the jack. They seemed to have another jack almost waiting behind. It was like they knew it wasn't working properly to start with.

Shortly after there was a Red Bull pit stop and the camera angle showed a second jack man with trolley behind the first. It could be they all always do it but that they don't normally get in the camera shot.

I can't believe Schumacher didn't know where he was in the order. I know there a lot going on but this is the man who used to have a huge part of his brain still available even whilst properly on it.

Regarding the jack. They seemed to have another jack almost waiting behind. It was like they knew it wasn't working properly to start with.

Yeah but the fact that both jacks failed is unforgivable. They have designed them new for this race and both not working is very very poor at this level, somebody is going to be get shouted at on Monday.

I'm certainly very much NOT in the know when it comes to racing rules but I fail to see how PM could try to defend his move and would hope he loses the point he won.

PM has indeed lost the point as he got a post race drive through penalty of 20 seconds moving him to 12th place. +++

think Schuey was just playing it cool especially as he went on to mention he had also had time to check out Webber's pitboard (he also didn't mention he had done his online food shopping, had completed every level of angry birds and was halfway through his autobiography during the race, that'd be called showing off :P )

Thoroughly enjoyed todays race, really really would like to get to one next year too +++