Wheeler Dealers on Discovery

Booster

Why do I waste an hour of my life every few months thinking "it might have got better"?????

Watched it last night as it was about a 2000 M5.

Same old carp. Mike Brewer does my head in and Ed China might be a great mechanic but he is still bloody annoying.

They spent hours and hours of workshop time sorting this knackered M5 and then made £700 "profit" on the deal. They need an FD on that show though as every sodding week they forget to put in any form of costings for Ed's time and the workshop costs. They therefore make a massive loss on each car. Unless of course, Mr China works for free!!

I do however now have an addiction to the show that was on after it: Gold Rush. What an odd bunch of people they are!!

Gold Rush? Is that the one where they show people living in the middle of no-where, panning for gold?

It does take a dedicated bod to be able to do that.

Back to Wheeler Dealers - would you want to buy a car that has been in the workshop like that? (if you knew), but then with Mike Brewer selling it, you'd know!

'hold out yer 'and, you've bought yourself a crackin' motor!'

Smack.... Smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack...

Pause...

Smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack.

Brewer - how annoying can one man be?

Storage wars can be quite amusing.

I find the best way to watch pretty much anything on discovery or history type channels is to record it, that way, when you fast forward the adverts, a 1 hour show can be watched in just over half an hour, and a half hour show in about 20 mins.

How many mates do you have that could do what he does to a car and would be happy to make £300 on it?

I don't think it's meant to show that at all. I think it's just there to show you that you could buy a banger and spend a bit on it....and keep it. I think the selling of the car is absolute bollocks and completely unnecessary!

I would tend to agree with Twinspark, and as they always say when they don't make much profit, it's not about the money, it's about keeping a modern classic on the roads, most of the spannering they do isn't complicated and could be done by a competent home mechanic, and they always tell you if you could do a job without a lift.

Of course they get the money by selling the show, so it does ultimately make them a tidy profit I'm sure.

• 4 years later...
On 27/06/2012 at 10:03 AM, Booster said:

Same old carp. Mike Brewer does my head in and Ed China might be a great mechanic but he is still bloody annoying.

Edd China Quits Wheeler Dealers After Disagreeing With Velocity On Show’s Direction, Will Be Replaced By Ant Anstead

Edd China posted a video on Youtube, explaining that he left the show after Velocity Channel decided to reduce the coverage of the workshop sequences. 

Guess they're dumbing it down for the US market.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Ant Anstead is great, but the best bits of Wheeler Dealers were the bits without Brewer, i.e. in the workshop with Ed. If they're cutting those down there's even less reason for me to watch it. 

It always winds me up when Brewer claims a profit on the car based on parts only, excluding labour. Gives an entirely false impression. 

6 hours ago, Andy_Bangle said:

Edd China Quits Wheeler Dealers After Disagreeing With Velocity On Show’s Direction, Will Be Replaced By Ant Anstead

Edd China posted a video on Youtube, explaining that he left the show after Velocity Channel decided to reduce the coverage of the workshop sequences. 

Guess they're dumbing it down for the US market.

Does that mean the Edd will now be free to take up from Aaron Kaufmann on Fast 'n' Loud?