boot lock failure

JuianG

Ok so I am on holiday all my gear in the boot and it won't open. Have tried the fob, the switch on the pillar and the key in the boot lock. All of them trigger the activator in the boot but no click sound. A8 d2 2002 how do you get into the boot any assistance very welcome

Is there too much stuff in there pushing the lid up?

Have someone push down on the lid while doing the release button.

I have seen AA pop them open with a sort of small airbag tucked under the bottom edge when keys have been locked in.

That worked the next day after driving home........had part of the groung sheet jammed inbetween the boot lid and the frame so thank you for the tip. But having said this when it did opened the actuator made that wurring clunk which it hadnt before. Was the ground sheet the problem?? Why didnt the boot lock work with the key ??

So I have attached a lenth of orange nylon strimmer line to the actuator arm and run it round the side of the boot to the outside and tucked it into the rubber lock mount/reflector to hide it. If it fails again I can teese out the orange strimmer cable and pull.

This was the alternative

quattroworld.com Forums: D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)

Is there too much stuff in there pushing the lid up?

Have someone push down on the lid while doing the release button.

I have seen AA pop them open with a sort of small airbag tucked under the bottom edge when keys have been locked in.

That worked the next day after driving home........had part of the groung sheet jammed inbetween the boot lid and the frame so thank you for the tip. But having said this when it did opened the actuator made that wurring clunk which it hadnt before. Was the ground sheet the problem?? Why didnt the boot lock work with the key ??

So I have attached a lenth of orange nylon strimmer line to the actuator arm and run it round the side of the boot to the outside and tucked it into the rubber lock mount/reflector to hide it. If it fails again I can teese out the orange strimmer cable and pull.

This was the alternative

quattroworld.com Forums: D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)