Right - this is probably the most mental modified car I've ever seen

Mook

Absolutely nuts. God knows how someone comes up with that type of idea.

Two of my lesser known previous-ownerships were Ford Granada's. Both were bought as runabouts to keep the miles off my main car back in the day.

The first was 2.0 L that looked almost identical to this...

2466398152_c04a8031ff.jpg

It cost me £995 at the time and probably racked up about £400 in bills in about 12 months. Not bad I guess.

However, the next one was a lot more costly. I paid £2,295 for it IIRC, and within a month I'd had to spend a grand on it! What it left me with was a car running perfectly and it was a very comfortable car indeed. It felt nippy in the day, but of course it wasn't really.

It was a 2.0i LX (I think) in this colour...

2343183.jpg

Very rare sight on the roads these days and when I see that Granada above it makes me realise why - because you'd have to be absolutely mental to try running one and they probably only have one decent purpose....rip the guts out of them!

My old directors each had a 2.9i Scorpio. One black and one burgundy as above. Best thing about them was a) they'd both been to Turbo Technics in Falmouth and had twin turbo conversions b) I got to drive them on a regular basis and c) my Dad ended up buying the burgundy one when the boss bought a Jag.

It was the fastest thing I'd ever driven at that point. The end of the speedo was null & void. :eek: