New car time ... maybe.

garcon magnifique

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to take ages to figure out how it all works.

I doubt it. One thing about the new system is that it is much more intuitive than any of the predecessors. It's very easy to get used to.+++

Needless to say I was impressed. I knew it would handle well, I knew it would be quick (certainly relative to the Legacy :P ), I was impressed by the ride (given all the horror stories of BMWs with M Sport suspension, 19" rims and RFTs), how relatively unintrusive the tyre noise is considering how huge they are, and I was very impressed with how planted it feels in what were very wet conditions.

On the ride, I've never had a problem with other cars on that set up - just the Z4. It's not the set up per se. It's the car - and your car will have no such issues.

On the grip/planted feel - welcome to the real world instead of the myth perpetuated by those who like us to think 4WD is the be-all and end-all, and that all RWD cars are lethal killing machines.

Boil my requirements down and I'm after an easy to live with car that will do 20k miles a year, is a pleasant place to be AND will excite me when I want it to.

They're a very capable car indeed and they can do all of that, as you say. You can't really lose on the choice in all honesty. They just do everything and do it well.

This ticks all the boxes, most of them with gold stars.

Should have picked a cream interior of course.:grin:

I'm not a newcomer to the real world you describe, it's just taken me a while to get back into a RWD car. :grin:

I bought Subarus because I liked them, not because they were AWD. My mate's 993 has more lateral grip than any Subaru I've had.

There are far too many BMWs out there with cream interiors. And wood. It's all wrong - they should be in Jags and Bentleys, not BMWs. :P