2006 RS4 improvements

JonC

A pal of mine has just bought a (very tidy one previous owner) '06 RS4. He's thinking about some modifications. For those who have tuned/tweaked their RS4's, what, if any, are viable and worth it? Thanks in advance +++

I'm pretty sure most tuners can take them up to 445-450bhp from a fairly standard remap IIRC, and from thereon you start spending quite large sums of money on the exhaust and gubbins.

If it was me I'd start with a remap because of the 'un-doable' and VFM nature of them and see if it makes him happy enough. If not, then he can start opening his wallet wider.

I'm pretty sure most tuners can take them up to 445-450bhp from a fairly standard remap IIRC, and from thereon you start spending quite large sums of money on the exhaust and gubbins.

If it was me I'd start with a remap because of the 'un-doable' and VFM nature of them and see if it makes him happy enough. If not, then he can start opening his wallet wider.

Most seem to be around 360bhp from reading the forums.

i doubt you would get much if anything from a remap on na. I'm sure my csl was quicker when removed the map. Would never map an na car again.

best mod would probably be a set of cups or supersports and a good geo.

Mods to an RS4?

Full Milltek including hi-flow sports cats and a remap.

The most worthwhile mod you can make to them.

Uprate the anti-roll bars front and rear if it's going anywhere near a track - you don't need to spend big money on other suspension mods.

Mods to an RS4?

Full Milltek including hi-flow sports cats and a remap.

The most worthwhile mod you can make to them.

Uprate the anti-roll bars front and rear if it's going anywhere near a track - you don't need to spend big money on other suspension mods.

Cheers +++

Eh? The (B7) RS4 is around 420bhp.

It was supposed to be 420PS (414bhp) from the factory, but a lot of people had them dyno'd and found them to be less. I've seen three standard RS4s on properly set-up dynos and they've all pushed out between 405 and 418 bhp.

Whoever remaps it needs to have a 4 wheel dyno to set up the map properly. Don't get a generic map from someone like Revo or AmD.

On a 400bhp car with a manual gearbox, I would spend my time and money on a whole host of other areas before looking at engine mods/power upgrades. The only exception to that would be Milltek - more for the noise than any performance increase.

The really important factor is what he wants to do with the car - is it going to be tracked regularly?

The really important factor is what he wants to do with the car - is it going to be tracked regularly?

The odd track day to get his confidence up, but to start with just potential modifications for everyday use.

• 2 weeks later...

Most cost effective mods are;

uprated ARB's front and rear, either Hotchkis or H&R

non-resonated cat back exhaust with or without valves. Milltek is the known brand, Tubi, Supersprint and Capristo sound better and plenty of indpendent fabricators around now who can do one for you

Next on the list cost wise is a remap which on an N/A car may sound pointless but better custom maps out there will remove the throttle / torque limiters in the first three gears and give you a bit more of the grunt lower down and a little more power. After that a decoke and possible port / polish deflap on the manifold, after that gutted pre cats / race cats / no cats but then the car does get loud. Possibly add to that a GruppeM / Cold air intake and finally a supercharger and perhaps some ceramic brakes if you car wasn't lucky enough to come with them already.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyway, hello!

What you driving these days P_G? Can't remember the last time I saw you in these parts, must be 3-4 years ago. You still up here?

Still got the RS4, 5 years of ownership on a 6 year old car and just shy of 100k miles and hasn't put a foot wrong and very little I'd want to trade it for so its staying another couple of years until the chimps are old enough to go out on their own and I can upgrade to an R8 V10.