1080P Bullet Cam + Recorder

Scotty

There's various threads on TSN about this bullet cam from when I first suggested it :

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/kneesliders/135814-after-seeing-incidents-like-im-more-more-inclined-get-camera.html

to the various one put up showing footage.

As with all technology the price drops over time. I couldn't find this anywhere else apart from DogCam until now.

Instead of £249 it's now on ebay at $220 inc delivery. I made an offer on it and the final price is £134. No doubt it'll come down more but that's a good saving on what it was.

It's now been reviewed by a few people online now and it seems to largely match the positive responses on TSN.Mine will be fitted to my motorbike which I use in all weathers so that should really test it out :

I drive without even thinking about mine nowadays. I'd recommend you get what you need for it to auto-record on start-up if it doesn't already, that saves a lot of messing about.

Good purchase though and whilst I didn't buy mine for 'self protection' I see enough incidents every week now to have realised it's a hell of a by-product of a reason to have one.+++

p.s. no Tipex it's not the same as mine but as it records at 1080p it'll probably do exactly the same job. Mine is the Dogcam MiniDVR HD and I can't recommend it highly enough. The screen is a bit surplus to requirements though because I've never used it for viewing the video on.

Edited by MrMe

Just looked at it on eBay, and whilst i've no doubt it's a decent product, you can't add things like auto record, or a wider angle lense etc.

Personally I think I'm going to go for the same one as you have MrMe, it might be a but more expensive, but the ability to hard wire it and 'fit and forget' makes it worth the extra for me, as it'll get a lot of use.

I do like that on mine, but on saying that the one Scotty has bought looks like exceptional value and unless it's the angle of that photograph it also looks like a much thinner control unit. I can see that being a big benefit on a motorbike (also, the hard wired element might be a bit difficult on a bike?).

OK Lets back this thread up as DanG has posted to something that I've never seen before*.

The one I've gone for seems identicle to the DogCam one :

2012 NEW FULL HD 1080P SPLIT TYPE MINI SPORTS DVR CAR DVR MOTOR SPORTS CAMERA DV | eBay

I intend hardwiring it and having it acting as a Blackbox using the optional remote.

* - just taken a look.

I've no experience but the viewing angle is smaller and the modes are more limited. There could be more but with just these two differences and it being more expensive I think I'd opt for the one in this link still.

Edited by Scotty

Just bought the one you did.

That way, if it doesn't work, I can hound you for all eternity... +++

I have two track days and an off road trail bike day coming up in the next month or so, so not planning on hard wiring this one into a specific vehicle.

I can't see that DogCam make there own and if they did I'm sure it'd be in China anyway. Of course they'll rebox/brand etc to justify the difference and they will offer a better back up service no doubt.....but so they should for nearly double the price. It would appear they just buy from this manufacturer : Shenzhen Koonlung ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.

Mac or MrMe - any chance you can you pop your battery out and see if it's a HD93 made by Koonlung?

MiniDVR.jpg

Will be interested to see what you think of it all the same, I think Macs had a bit of trouble with his hasn't he? So that after sales service could be worth having.

As you say though, hard to ignore the price difference if it really is the same product.

Maybe worth emailing DogCam and pointing out the lower price, and asking if they'll drop the price of theirs a bit?

Will be interested to see what you think of it all the same, I think Macs had a bit of trouble with his hasn't he? So that after sales service could be worth having.

Yes, I think the units are a pile of shite. They produce good results, but so far I've had two units, and one camera break. After service is joke too - 'you broke it, buy another' is about all the help you'll get.

The first unit I had looked like it had impact damage - I assumed I'd bashed it either in the glove box or the arm rest. That's fair I thought, I broke it. Within 3 weeks the 2nd unit exhibited exactly the same issue. Looks like impact damage (you know the type when an LCD goes funny).... No chance that time, didn't believe it for a second.

'You've broke it, buy a new one'. Couldn't be arsed to fight with them so have just forgotten about it and put it down to experience.

Would I buy another? Not a chance.

Edited by Mac

• 2 weeks later...

That reminds me....I've got a proper nutter on the SD card of mine.

Doing 70 mph-ish on dual carriageway, approaching my slip road exit, when a total fruitcake flew past me in an old Merc estate doing about 100mph....and then came off at the same slip road, cutting up a Nissan and forcing a Transit van to swerve out of his way. I don't know what his problem was but he certainly had one.