Seatbelts

patently

Gulp, a very moving story indeed and you can see why they are always so hot on those that don't belt up.

I always belt up and always make sure passengers have their belt on, I don't want anyone in the back to end up killing me driving for them being stupid and selfish.

I don't mind admitting that made my eyes well-up. Mainly for the loss the wife and children have suffered. My feelings towards the guy that died are, initially, what a cock!

Putting a seat belt on is automatic for me. I do it before I've even started the engine. And I won't drive off until all passengers are belted.

I was watching police interceptors last night and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that caught for various other offences, eg weapons, drugs, insurance, tax, that all come from an initial stop for not wearing a seat belt. If only they'd worn a seat belt they'd probably have got away with the £10k of crack in the boot!

Taxi drivers are exempt from seatbelt laws, but only while passengers are in the car, if the car is otherwise empty then a belt must be worn.

Passengers in a taxi must wear seatbelts, and the driver is not responsible for them wearing them, except for children.

Children in a taxi do not have to have child seats, but must use a seatbelt where available.