Sky HD menu update

cabby

Hmm, doesn't sound good.

We have a Humax Freesat box on the TV in our waiting room, and touch wood, never had any issues with it.

They are generally regarded as being the best boxes out there, hopefully you've just been unlucky and they haven't started cutting back on quality.

I have a HUMAX freesat HD (non recording) box and that lasted about 12 months. One of the power caps died on the PSU, a quick google sorted the fix and i had a spare in my parts bins. So that is working again, but redundant as my new TV for the bedroom has freesat HD and recording built in.

So just need to sort the lounge now with a recording system.

I searched for the reset procedure (can't find the web page now) when I wanted to force the software update and one of the paragraphs said recordings would be lost. Maybe I had found a 'hard reset' procedure, rather than just a software update

Just switching it off wont work, you need to either force it to download the software, which should obviously be the latest version, or leave it switched on in case tonight is the night it's scheduled to update, if it's switched off after midnight, and they send the update signal to your box in the early hours as they normally do, it won't get it as it'll be switched off.

The updates normally happen in batches, for all the various different brand Sky boxes.