6 weeks to lose 6lbs (or more) - do you want to?

Mook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the next one is in October - and it's feckin mental - apparently only 2 people of the 43 entrants completed it last year :eek: - so I've got plenty of time to write your plan :P

Total Warrior this weekend, four days back at work, then ten days in the Lakes and Scotland. Likelihood of doing it before 20th August - nil.

Likelihood of having something for everyone to start on on 3rd Sept - much higher :)

3rd September eh? I'm in, that's a week after my birthday BBQ so will be able to lose the immediate excess by then.

You're right what you said in your opening post, the first quarter thing we did from September last year I lost 1 1/2 stone and was pleased, then it all turned to crap at the turn of the year and i've put back on about 7 or 8 lbs, best man at mates wedding next march so want to down a bit by then. I think my minimum target is losing 18lbs by then. Doesn't sound like a lot but I have to battle my food and drink addiction and general can't be arsedness. +++

With wanting to sound ungrateful, but that's a bit too late for me :P I'll continue as I am, eating more healthily with some running/swimming. Will honour the deal still with it finishing on Sept 10th.... you've made £20 so far btw

I can't seem to access the Justgiving site at the mo

My running died a death. I got out a couple of times a few weeks ago, but a combination of working lots of hours and basic cba put a stop to it. However, I've stuck with the 'not eating too much or snacking' plan and surprisingly the weight hasn't piled back on. Weightloss has slowed, but at least it's going in the right direction!

Currenly hovering around 77.5kg. (Used to be 81.5kg.)

Running 3 miles every other day at the moment, and weirdly enjoying it!

Been bad with food in the last couple of weeks, so gained a few lbs. but hopefully got a clear 6 weeks from now with no commitments or dinners etc etc. probably stop the booze for a while too!

Got my old old bike back from the MIL's garage so need to give it a good dusting down and hopefully start using it a bit in the evenings think I may need to purchase some new tyres and inner tubes after 15 years of sitting stationary. Thankfully the garage was dry so no rust apart from a few minor spots on the handlebars. Should assist in getting the weight moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! I've (mostly) fixed my bike up and actually went out and rode it for the first time in 15 years last night. Only 4.5 miles to start with (although that was enough) to give the bike a shakedown.

Think i'm going to have to take it into the local bike shop though to get them to sort out the front dérailleur as it only allows me to use the two larger chain wheels and also appears to be very wobbly - it's a shimano one that doesn't appear to be bolted to the frame apart from being pinned in place by the bottom bracket?!

Want to start riding it 3 or 4 times a week in the evening even if it's only for half an hour so hope that this will assist in starting to drop some weight. Thankfully the wife has also decided she wants to start losing some weight so the food situation may start improving as well. Fingers crossed!

Got the bike out last night to go for my second ride and had a fecking puncture :ffs:

Thankfully i managed to get the wheel off and just replaced the whole inner tube rather than faffing around trying to find the puncture managed to do it in 10 minutes and pumping up a tyre with a teeny hand pump is a good work out in itself!

Managed to do 7.5 miles so 3 more than last time, had to stop a few times and once I got back home my legs were like jelly, nearly fell down the stairs :o

Just need to keep myself going at it and i'm sure the stamina will come in time.

just replaced the whole inner tube rather than faffing around trying to find the puncture

I never repair punctures now. Buy yourself some decent inner tubes - you can get 5 Continental tubes from Wiggle for £15 - don't buy cheap tubes made in China - crap rubber.

Agreed (I've got some Schwalbe road tubes), and when you do need to repair it get yourself a CO2 cartridge pump - up in seconds.

S3bangs - you are right. I took a mate out for an interval session last ggiht and she almost cried off citing "maybe we should go when I'm fitter". I suggested she could wait forever and a day to get fitter, best start now! She wasn't sick during the session which was a huge disappointment ... ;)