Prem 2012/13

shao_khan

Weird. I was on William Hill looking at Premier League betting a moment ago and they've got Newcastle at big odds....

Manchester United, naturally.

City fluked it on goal difference and now it's time to give us our trophy back. They didn't really win it anyway. Goal difference doesn't count and they know it. Same old City. :grin:

Well said. The bookies agree with us for once as well. Everyone has them favourites, William Hill have them 1-10 on I think.

Are you coming back up for the open top bus parade next May, s_k?

Yeah I'll certainly make the open top parade, my son is keen on footy now as well, so should see a few more games this comming season.

100% agree with that.

8 points clear with 5 games to play. 5 points clear with 3 to play.

City didn't really win it, Utd lost it, bottled it, choked, bottled it etc.

Agueroooooooooooooooooooooo!

Have you been to see the trophy? I imagine you have. I hope you told them to keep it nice and shiney for us.

p.s. did you see how many names United's name is written on it? :grin:

Joking a side its shaping up to be a good close season. Chelsea are spending big and utd are looking to strengthen, I'm sure city will sign 1 or 2. Too close to call for me, but it will be one of those 3 imho.

I asked SK to edit this by PM and say i meant to say it'll be Newcastle for certain.

Edited by shao_khan
Finger slipped multiple times.

Newcastle are looking nailed on to win except they are lacking a powerful centre forward - you know a big name signing unlike these cheap no-names they have.

They should get they big England striker who looked really tasty - Carroll I think he was called.

Maybe offer big money (£35M off the top of my head) to really throw down the gauntlet and let everyone know they mean business....

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know about anyone else but with the Olympics the football season has really snuck up on me. Community Shield today, nice to win but a meaningless friendly really hey man u fans.

Have to admit I think city have fallen behind a little in the off season. No signings yet whilst their 2 closest rivals utd and Chelsea have both strengthened, Chelsea to the tune of nearly 80m.

Spurs and Newcastle have done well to hold on to their key players and should be strong this season. Arsenal and Liverpool should both be improved given the signings and manager reshuffle at anfield. RVP aside I personally think Arsenal will have a good year and win something at last.

Should all make for another very tight season if anything tighter than last year with 1st-4th battling all the way.

It makes me :roflmao: that Mancini is so peeved about not being able to sign anyone. That squad they have really should be able to get the title again with no problems. Anyone you buy will mean you have to shift others off on loan. Rodwell's been confirmed as the next young talent to be ruined by the Man City bench. Sad.

From what I saw of Arsenal's friendly with Cologne yesterday, the new signings look to be settling in nicely. Though you shouldn't read too much into them, of course.

Will be a fun one and all about who's players can find their premiership feet quickest.