iOS 6 & OSX 10.8.2

Andy_Bangle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an article that the Apple maps were not a patch on the Google ones so if you want to keep Google and have an IP4 (which doesn't have Siri for turn by turn) then you might not want to bother with iOS6. However, some form of review from you Andy woudl be good!

Satnav will be useful on the iPhone for me, although I managed ok with google maps. One feature I liked with google was you could see the street and the house, which gave me a great idea of what I was getting involved in before I arrived. Can you get google maps back as an app?

Did my iphone last night, took about half an hour all in.

Maps? Utter dross.

Sat nav works but is very very basic.

If you live anywhere other than one of the major cities, forget satellite view, and no streetview either, the '3D' view is a joke too.

Single biggest step back Apple have made imo, I used streetview a lot and am properly p1ssed its gone.

I suspect that as usual with Apple, it'll get significantly better with subsequent updates, but imo, it shouldn't have been released yet, all I get is a grey screen when trying to view satellite imagery for anywhere except London.

Other than maps, everything else seems pretty good though.

Am I right in thinking that safari and iCloud are in cahoots with each other? So does this mean if its on all your itunes accounts (ie the wife and kids phone) that when I accidentally look at hugewanngers.com the mrs and kids will see what I'm looking at!!!!! I know it can be turned off but that could be a FUN feature. Maybe I'll leave the wife's on and see what she looks at!

Did my iphone last night, took about half an hour all in.

Maps? Utter dross.

Sat nav works but is very very basic.

If you live anywhere other than one of the major cities, forget satellite view, and no streetview either, the '3D' view is a joke too.

Single biggest step back Apple have made imo, I used streetview a lot and am properly p1ssed its gone.

I suspect that as usual with Apple, it'll get significantly better with subsequent updates, but imo, it shouldn't have been released yet, all I get is a grey screen when trying to view satellite imagery for anywhere except London.

Other than maps, everything else seems pretty good though.

If you want Google Maps...it hasn't gone anywhere. Just open it in Safari/Add to the home screen. it hasn't 'gone' anywhere other than not being a linked web app.

Think of it as having got free Sat Nav, as that's all they've done - added stuff. They haven't taken anything away.

In order to get you to stop using Google Maps they have to get rid of it. Feedback will make their App much better very quickly. I hope.

All they had to do was make sure it had the content, only having images for central London is a bit of a joke, I suspect it'll end up being the best maps app, it'll just take two generations of phone to get there as usual, which to be frank, is getting a bit annoying now, I can see people slowly moving away from Apple if they keep doing things this way.

There's a Google Map native app due any day.

Cool, thats what I wanted to hear!

Got my new phone arriving tomorrow (allegedly). The pc that I used to use for itunes and backing up has long since died.

I back up to the icloud. Can I do a restore from the icloud to the new phone keeping contacts, texts apps etc?

Alternatively, if I use another pc, will it let me keep all the content? I know when I have tried this in the past it tells me that only the original pc can restore all content.