No Panamera Forum?

Rachel

Well boys, it is a GT that is worlds apart from the XKR. If/when our beloved Admins fix my picture problem I'll do a post on it.

The Jaaaaag is way too quick for the draconian road rules we have here. Scary fast, but unless you drove looking down at the speedo, around urban areas you would often get a real shock as to how fast you were actually going... 30+ km/h over the limit was easy as there was no engine, wind or significant road noises to cue you when driving, along with over servoed steering and throttle/brakes. Also, I could only take 1 friend on trips, and only luggage for a long weekend, esp. if the rear seats were used for camera gear and handbags and stuff. The 510hp & 625Nm were silly fun though it drank like an Aston to misquote JC.

The big Porka (I've christened it the "Great White" - as smaller fish get the heck out of its way) is a nice subtle white with black (no chrome) and less "shouty" than the Salsa Red XKR with black pack, visually and acoustically, though it draws a lot more looks from other drivers. Maybe because it is almost 2m wide!

It handles like a Porsche, feelsome steering and pedal action, corners flat (adaptive air suspension & PASM), does 0-100km/h in about 6 with just me in it, has 550Nm of punch, and a theoretical extra urban range of 1400km on a tank.

Oz Panameras are wildly specified as standard compared to Europe & the US, so mine is a very, very nice place to be... Some of the bits mine has:

full leather interior (black), sunroof, 14 way adjustable front seats with memory, lane change assist, air suspension (usually left sunk in Sport+ mode), PASM, Sport mode, multifunction wheel, heated seats, climate control, Bose sound (585W), iPod interface, CD stacker, HDD Sat Nav + traffic (SUNA?), blueteeth, 20" Turbo II wheels, privacy glass, parking assist, reverse camera, folding rear seats - awesome!, bi-Xenon headlights, DRLs, 3 year warranty (2 on all other Porsches), road side assist, etc...

You've bought a Panamera?

I'd be interested in hearing what you think. MrsMe very nearly bought one and it's still a car she likes and might end up looking at again in the future.+++

My brother has the diesel one. He has almost every car going: E class estates, A6 estates, RRS, RR, ML, etc

He thinks it is an amazing car and so far has failed to fault it. Dealer seems very good too.

My brother has the diesel one. He has almost every car going: E class estates, A6 estates, RRS, RR, ML, etc

He thinks it is an amazing car and so far has failed to fault it. Dealer seems very good too.

I had excellent experiences of the OPC local to me. Until the last time I went and they told me a car had 2 owners.....when it did in fact have 5 former keepers. They reckon they'd read the number upside down on the form. A "2" instead of "5", which adds up except for the fact it had "(FIVE)" written after it when I asked to look at it.:roflmao:

I actually had a deposit on the car too but their attitude when I started chirping about the number of owners was very poor indeed. Shocking in fact. So I cancelled, much to their annoyance, and it then took them 3 weeks to return my deposit. So, I wrote to the owner of the dealer group and told him of my experience and how disappointed I was. I didn't receive the courtesy of a reply so they won't be getting my business or MrsMe's at any point in the future.

As it happens I'm glad of it now. It sickened me off looking further because I'd spent 2 weeks looking around almost every single day, testing everything going. It felt like a total waste of time and a little time to reflect on it made me realise I could live with the Z4 for another year, losing a lot less money over that time than I would on the the replacement car. However, my main point was that the OPC let themselves down badly after what had been a flawless experience up to that point. They also showed their true colours in handling my complaint - their attitude was worse than my local BMW dealers would ever have been (and I've complained there a good few tmes).

I've been given a name/contact by Booster for when/if I start looking again.+++

Edited by MrMe

I thought you still had the Vw estate? So one of your excuses for getting rid of the Jag isn't valid :P

Are you now down to just the one car?

The diesel is it? Or it's a turbo and you mis quoted the 0-60?

3.0l TDi based on the Audi unit - and amply powerful, even during the run-in period. I'm about 830 km into what I was told is about a 5K km running period as that is apparently when the engine starts to loosen up. This is a real GT to replace a sport/supercar disguised as a GT...

I still have my lovely R36 as my daily driver - I'll not be parting with it for quite a while!

I think it's just you MrMe. Popped into OPC with a friend on the way back from the Malton meet. We just sat and had a coffee and a chat about all things car.

The sales guy started up the Panamera GTS and gave it some blips, nothing that big and luxurious should sound that amazing, wow!

There's only one sales guy in there I'd deal with mind you, the others aren't anywhere near as passionate or knowledgeable.

Unfortunately it's not just me. After the 'charade' I discovered that a friend with a 911 Turbo wont go there again either after they gave him duff advice on a warranty claim in order to try getting out of it. They didn't win, but the fact they tried isn't good.

Waiting 3 weeks to get a deposit back of a not-significant amount of money isn't on. Even then it was only after saying I'd be taking legal action if the money wasn't back in my account within 3 days. Oh and that was, roughly, the eighth time of asking.

It wasn't just the salesman either, the Business Manager was no better.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Rachel, very nice.+++

The Panamera interior is still the nicest of any new production vehicle in my opinion. When they first came out we went to look at one for MrsMe (just before she ordered the X5) and the minute you open the door for the first time is very much a "wow" moment. I like the white too. I can see how that'd be an excellent colour of choice in your part of the world where it's less likely to get filthy in mud and sludge!

We liked the Yachting Blue (might have got the name wrong) with the contrasting interior. Looked absolutely stunning.

I've lucked out big time on all my cars except the R36, with having black, not chrome finishes on everything. The black features on white car do make it look pretty good I will admit.

That, and as I posted above, it is quite optioned up only missing sport+chrono, sport exhaust, and ventilated seat options in the front, and powered seats in the back...

Regarding the interior and build quality - Harry Metcalfe of EVO sums it all up nicely in this 8 minute clip of the 2012 diesel variant. Basically he thinks the inside is as good as a Bentley!

As for exotica on the drive Chris5, yes. I worked it out that starting with the R32, if I'd paid full (new) list price for each car since mid-2004, I'd have spent $1.13M on cars... :eek:

(good thing I didn't pay r.r.p.)

Edited by Rachel

Unfortunately it's not just me. After the 'charade' I discovered that a friend with a 911 Turbo wont go there again either after they gave him duff advice on a warranty claim in order to try getting out of it. They didn't win, but the fact they tried isn't good.

Waiting 3 weeks to get a deposit back of a not-significant amount of money isn't on. Even then it was only after saying I'd be taking legal action if the money wasn't back in my account within 3 days. Oh and that was, roughly, the eighth time of asking.

It wasn't just the salesman either, the Business Manager was no better.

Sounds like the typical experience with JCT600 - appalling dealer group with some shady business practices.

Sounds like the typical experience with JCT600 - appalling dealer group with some shady business practices.

I'm afraid that despite many people who've dealt with them giving reports to the contrary, your summary isn't too far off my experience.

It's fair to say I would never go back there but I've had a recommendation since and when the time comes I'll follow that.+++