No Panamera Forum?

Rachel

Watch your headlights Rachel.

Apparently people have figured out that they are VERY easy to steal, without damaging the bodywork in anyway, which is good. Although cost of replacing them is not so good.

Porsche koplampen in trek bij dieven - Autovisie | Het laatste nieuws over auto's op Autovisie.nl van De Telegraaf [Porsche]

That is just nutz!!! :eek:

Well as a cost guesstimate and scary number generator - the crunched RH headlight that was replaced on my 996.2 was about $2600... Halogen, not stearable. Goodness knows what bi-Xenons or the PDS (steering) xenons would cost.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update now the car is almost run-in (3000km according to the book).

There is a road that takes you from the bottom (south) of Canberra, verging on bushland that passes Tidbinbilla nature reserve and the world famous radio telescope tracking station up to the western part of the city reaches. All narrow roads, the northern bit chewed by timber trucks and dam construction vehicles, broken shoulders, gravel and lots of very twisty road with lots of elevation changes.

My fast, fun blat in the great white this weekend was faster than the same stretch done in a new Boxster S on a Porsche Drive day in August/September last year.

Colour me impressed, esp. with the BOSE hammering out classic Queen - A Kind of Magic. +++

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, run in and first big trip (hello from Melbourne).

3 up with lots of luggage, it monstered the freeways and showed a range of 900km left after a fuel stop and then 302.7 more kms. So the Porsche boast of a 1200km range seems to be verified. +++

Decided to do an experiment today. Test the sheer comfort of the car and the range. It passed both tests. :grin:

Filled up in Melbourne near where I was staying and headed the 650-odd km home on my own. Stopped at a little place called Holbrook for a 5 minute pitstop, but otherwise drove right through. :eclipse:

All freeway speeds (110km/h here) and some big climbs and descents and an overall climb from sea level to 575m @ home.

6 hours, 17 minutes door to door, and even being bad and not having breakfast, lunch, snacks or drinks (mega coffee when I got home) got out not feeling unduly tired at all or dehydrated or otherwise dscomforted.

It's covered in road grime, bugs and mud splashes, but still has 50% of the tank to use. +++

It is hard to see (other than the awesome technology it has) how the new hybrid variant can offer me anything over what this awesome diesel sipping GT does.