David Price vs Audley Harrison 1st Round K.O & FULL FIGHT 13.10.2012

fizzbitt

Too early to say.

His chin hasn't been tested and that's the acid test for any heavyweight. I don't think he's as strong as last night might suggest. Harrison isn't the hardest person in the world to knock over. He ran around the ring for 3 rounds against Haye and it was the first punch Haye hit him with that resulted in the KO. So the only difference last night was that Price hit him sooner.

He's way below the level of Haye and even further below the level of the K brothers.

If he fought Chisora that might be interesting. I can see that happening. Maloney wants to take him down the mandatory challenge route, and that's a big indicator in itself - it basically means he views it as a money earner for the next 2-3 years before he'll risk anything. If he had total confidence I think he'd be saying a little more. However, it is still very early days for him.

Right now, he wouldn't stand a chance against anyone at the top (except a 'punchers' chance which everyone at Heavyweight always has) Haye would be far too fast for him and that would be over rather quickly in my view. Wladimir would jab his head off for 12 rounds and Vitali would probably KO him.

If Maloney does it right then he might get a shot one day, but I do actually like him taking his time with him.

He's better than the fraud that is Tyson Fury anyway. I really don't understand that guy all all.

The result last night was very predictable but perhaps equally so was James De Gale showing he has all the power of a light breeze yet again. He clearly won his fight but I can't ever see him winning a title of any note. Khan v Molina and the Hatton comeback are the fights people are really waiting for. Carl Froch is fighting Yusaf Mack in Nottingham next month too and that could be interesting. I fully expect Froch to KO him but you never really know which Carl is going to turn up. In front of his home fans it should be the good one, but if it's not, it might be a good fight that goes reasonable distance (but still with a Froch victory).

The one I'm personally looking forward to is Kell Brook v Hector Salvidia. He's a tough Argentine figher and the fact it is a title-eliminator makes it very interesting indeed. Brook should win, without doubt, because he's far more talented, but again he's a fighter who has yet to show the power he might need at the top level. So when you consider that if he wins he'll be getting in the ring with Randall Bailey and it'll be a Vegas fight means it really is his chance to shine (and for what it's worth I think he'll beat Bailey too).

Brook could go all the way to becoming an elite fighter is he keeps his head. He's certainly the most naturally talented British fighter I've seen since Hamed.

Fury has said he'll do "Serious harm" to Price.

Even though I don't think Price is ready, I think he'd beat Fury now.

Maloney has offered £500,000 for him to do it, but Fury's team seem to think he's got better things to do. I'm not quite sure why. He annoys me almost as much as Harrison did, but for different reasons.

One thing I should have said earlier though is that whilst I want to see Price take the long route, I do think Maloney is taking it a little too cautiously - because his next fight is against Matt Skelton. He's 45 now. That's not what I call much of a test!

The one I'm personally looking forward to is Kell Brook v Hector Salvidia. He's a tough Argentine figher and the fact it is a title-eliminator makes it very interesting indeed. Brook should win, without doubt, because he's far more talented, but again he's a fighter who has yet to show the power he might need at the top level. So when you consider that if he wins he'll be getting in the ring with Randall Bailey and it'll be a Vegas fight means it really is his chance to shine (and for what it's worth I think he'll beat Bailey too).

Brook could go all the way to becoming an elite fighter is he keeps his head. He's certainly the most naturally talented British fighter I've seen since Hamed.

This live on Sky Sports 1 HD right now if anyone is interested.

But be quick, because Brook is punching his head off and we're only in Round 2.