Seems a fair price ?

AZURES3

We've got a new neighbour.

He drives a VW Golf TDi. Not sure on the exact model.

All I know is it sounds like a tractor through a pair of very big speakers every morning when he starts it up. I had no idea Golf's were so damned LOUD!

The older PD jobs are loud and a very distinctive noise it is too.

The newer common rail jobs produce less than half that noise. Amazingly massive difference!

I called the guy and he was vague to say the least so decided to take this one off the list. This one seems a good car but when I check on Glasses guide they saya maximum dealer price of £12,500, with the Mk7 deliveries starting in December and cash ready I am sure they will want to do a deal ?

Volkswagen Golf MK6 Hatchback 5-Dr 2.0 TDI GT (140 PS) 5dr 2009

Could you wait until the Mk 7's are in the showrooms?

Reckon it will make a big difference in price?

unfortunately I need a car in the next 10 days as we are moving, I have not needed a car until now since selling the S3. I have up to £13k to spend, as we have the Tiguan a hatchback is fine. Looked at the Seat Leon's too but they have the same issue with the new model coming out. I think the Golf will be less affected and was hoping that they already have benn hit a bit by the MK7 release.

That's a good point if you're ordering off a company car list... on the other hand, I reckon GT spec. is the best 'everyday' spec. - smaller wheels, softer suspension. I'm pretty sure the levels of kit are pretty much on par - it was just the suspension, wheels and bodykit that differs.

I like my GT - but as a 1.4TSI-160, it costs me a bit to have it - both in tax and also because I can't hit the kind of MPG I need to break even on HMRC recommended mileage rates.