BMW M135i Test Drive

jimdiesel

The DSC is very sophisticated and is obviously keeping things in check, but doesnt cut the power to any noticable degree, just trimming it whilst allowing good forward drive. The Conti TS830Ps are a big step forward from the Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds I had on the TT. I will however swap to a 225/45 square set up when I have lunched this set of tyres.

Early impressions are exceeding expectation. The comfort and refinement on my commute are fantastic, and the car feels like my E92 335d in this respect. It shows the progress in that the latest gen 1 series has the same level of sophistication and refinement as the previous gen 3 series.

I am averaging 34-35mpg on my commute which is a good 6-7mpg more than the TT used to manage. This combined with the £300 a year cheaper road tax and the £200 a year cheaper insurance (no idea why as the TT was group 37 and the M135i is group 39) means the car is possitively cheap to run, relatively. Which is nice.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The DSC is very sophisticated and is obviously keeping things in check, but doesnt cut the power to any noticable degree, just trimming it whilst allowing good forward drive. The Conti TS830Ps are a big step forward from the Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds I had on the TT

That's good then, its like the engine has cut out in the B5 B6 B7 models as you may remember from your S4. +++

Both power and mpg will probably improve with a few thosand miles.

Winter tyres do seem to be developing at a good rate, newer tyres always being better than the last, the Dunlop 4D is supposed to be a big improvement, but Continentals just won evos winter tyre test. My Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme are old tyres now - a leading tyre when launched, now old technology. Inclines around my parents became a car park in snow and ice in previous years, have Vredestein Snowtrac on the C2, slightly more-snow biased tread for increased longitudinal grip on ice and snow (accelerating uphill and braking downhill etc)