G Wagon

Calm Chris

Why :confused:

i have always wanted one, not sure why. Maybe it's a snob Landie thing.

Why the %^*< are they so exclusive, so expensive and so nice in a wrong sort of way? Tell me that I'm wrong for hankering over a G Wagon AMG evil version over say a similar value sports car.

Did anyone else have a little wee when the Landie was running about in Sky Fall? It almost turned turned me away from the dirty G Wagon thoughts.

I've even started have thoughts about Porsche Cayenne's, there's been a spate of de-badged sightings and they have a cute 4rse.

Do I need help?

As far as off roaders go, nothing beats a G wagon, and very little retains value like one either.

I'm not a fan of the Land rover, I think they are slow, unreliable, badly made hunks of junk, a relic from the past that should have been laid to rest many many years ago.

The G Wagon is everything a Landy isn't, reliable, well made, handsome even in a utilitarian kind of way.

I wouldn't choose one over a normal car, but if I needed an off roader, it'd be my only choice, except for maybe one if those 2 door Mitsubishi Pajero Evo's.

New Cayenne arse looks like a Hyundai IMO....

I'd still have one though, particularly having been driven today in a colleagues Touareg.

G wagons (not the brand new one) are pretty agricultural, and I am not convinced about their off road ability having used them in the 'middle east' a few times.

For the money, I'd have a Landy, or if in the UK, a John Deere or Massy Ferguson.... Seriously.

😉

Glad my thoughts are not unique. +++

I still don't get why they seem to be one of the smallest depreciating value vehicles on the road (I'm not sure you can call it a car).

History wise am I right in thinking the G Wagon was a general sale unit in the 80's and early 90's then ceased general sale and then in the 00's came back as a sort of special order item?

They are exactly common either on the road or as a showroom exhibit.

I'm not a fan of the Land rover, I think they are slow, unreliable, badly made hunks of junk, a relic from the past that should have been laid to rest many many years ago.

The G Wagon is everything a Landy isn't, reliable, well made, handsome even in a utilitarian kind of way.

The G Wagon is what you would get if you asked a German to make a Landie, but make it properly please Klaus. Oddly enough...

I was in the Landie this morning, actually, thinking how it is slow, draughty, leaky, uncomfortable, bumpy, noisy, surprisingly expensive, and yet utterly adorable. I can't decide whether it's one if those stupid English things about liking the underdog, or whether its because there's a little knowing look you get from the corner of the Landie's eye that says "I don't give a **** about any of that, and neither should you, because I can go absolutely anywhere and none of these shitboxes around me can. That's what I'm designed to do and I do it fantastically. If you want something comfortable, feck off and sign up for hairdressers' college."

I even went off-road (two wheels over the kerb so I could slip past a queue on the left - but the kerb was quite high and it *was* muddy on the other side :uhoh: )

That's ok then. :grin:

I'm surprised he didn't write it off to be honest. I can vouch that it was quick, but also that he didn't always seem entirely in control... :P

Straight through the roundabout, or did he try to corner in it?

The Youtube reviews recently by the infamous "Monkey" Harris and Harry Metcalfe of EVO are worth a search and a watch. +++

The G Wagon is what you would get if you asked a German to make a Landie, but make it properly please Klaus. Oddly enough...

I was in the Landie this morning, actually, thinking how it is slow, draughty, leaky, uncomfortable, bumpy, noisy, surprisingly expensive, and yet utterly adorable. I can't decide whether it's one if those stupid English things about liking the underdog, or whether its because there's a little knowing look you get from the corner of the Landie's eye that says "I don't give a **** about any of that, and neither should you, because I can go absolutely anywhere and none of these shitboxes around me can. That's what I'm designed to do and I do it fantastically. If you want something comfortable, feck off and sign up for hairdressers' college."

I even went off-road (two wheels over the kerb so I could slip past a queue on the left - but the kerb was quite high and it *was* muddy on the other side :uhoh: )

This. I have to say the old R reg Disco I bought after getting shot of the old X reg Mondy estate is f'ing fan bloody tastic!

Way quicker than the Mondy - to the point that I can scare the crap out of SWMBO off the lights when some boy racer **** in a barried Corsa is giving it revs! There's one little noddy round here all speakers and caps - I love wiping the smile off his chops when he has a car load of chavs.

Apart from that its the 'I don't give a ****' attitude you can have to parking in Spasdas or when squeezing through that gap and being faced by some Johnny in a shiny Audi/BM/Merc - knowing full well they WILL back down.

In the main though - I find I drive much more sedately as you can see whats going on and enjoy the experience of getting to somewhere as I'm able to notice things being that much higher up.

Can't wait to finish the rebuild on the FiL's B reg 90 - so we can go and enjoy the various lanes and places I've found in the last few months since owning the Disco.