Your Car/Motoring plans for 2013 ?

theduisbergkid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those C1's look like absolute death traps to me, especially the 4 door ones.

5th gear did a piece on MPV's a few years ago, specifically the Zafira and how dangerous the rear most seats were in the event of a rear end collision, basically the seats were too near the back of the car leaving little room to absorb any impact.

Those C1's are even worse, your head is almost resting on the rear screen if you sit in the back, I don't think i'd ever risk it.

Yeah same with lots of small cars I guess. In the C2 there are two individual seats with a gap between the seat backs [and around the sides] into the boot and no parcel shelf. It reminds me of being in the back of a Volvo 480 where you felt like you were sitting in the boot - anyone remember those!

I didn't twig earlier you meant the fold up seats 6 and 7 in the Zafira - indeed not great if you were rear ended - I see your point sorry!

I'm aware of that, and think about it every time I drive it, I'm the only occupant in it 99% of the time and it does somehow have a 4 star NCAP. It's only a temporary thing until my proper company car arrives, if I had a choice - I wouldn't buy one based on safety grounds, passengers in the back really would not stand a chance, which is exactly what a friend said when he saw it.

Yep, I took the RS6 on a five hour round trip last weekend to stretch it's legs as it doesn't get used at all anymore, and the C1 really isn't designed for the motorway, it felt so much quicker than usual. I'll take it for a blast later today too as it's just been sat there all week.

Talk to Craig Porter at Porsche Silverstone, TyreSmoker, make of mine and thoroughly good chap. He'll look after you +++

In the post just below yours someone says he is a 'new' car salesman, I can't afford a new 997 Turbo, yikes! I'm

buying a used one. I've been talking with Porsche Glasgow, I've got it all planned out. I fly down, and combine collecting it with a three day holiday taking in the great Scottish roads, before driving it six hours home. I can't do a 'factory collection' so this is the next best thing. I will keep him

in mind though if things don't work out with Glasgow and he can sort a used one.

Thanks guys, but I nearly saw my Porsche dream shatter right in front of my eyes today. It is making me reconsider.

After a week in a 68 BHP 3 pot C1, I went to get my 'fix' in the RS 6 today, I was 'making some progress' and out of nowhere... Police.

I was in ban territory (I think), and they had it recorded. First thing the copper said was 'Well, that's it mate, you're going to court and you can kiss that license goodbye'.

I was dressed quite smart in my work clothes, did some groveling and told him I know I had been an idiot and have respect for the law hence my clean license but was having a shitty day. After a breath test, he checked all around the car. The insurance/license/MOT/Tax checks etc... all done.

Guess what? He let me off! Only this once, but said 'You have a really distinctive car, we're going to keep an eye out for you'.

What a relief, I thought that was it, job, hobby, license would have all gone, scary.

RS 6 put away, back to the C1 tomorrow.

I will definitely think twice about how quickly I go on the roads in the future, I drove home not a single MPH over the speed limit.

Maybe I need to go for something fun in the corners and not so in a straight line, let's see how I feel in the coming weeks, right now I just feel so stupid/lucky and grateful.

What. A. Relief.