m135i discounts

DaveP

Most people got between 7 and 10%. As Andy says the price has now increased and the speaker upgrade has finished. DAB is now standard and so is the rain and light sensor. The current 4.9% apr pcp runs until March 31st and is being replaced by an 8.1% deal. Also worth considering is the service pack has gone from £300 to £800. Any questions then ask away.

Thanks for that.

Currently waiting for a response to my statement that 10% and I would make a decision today.

4.9% with 10% deposit. Think the service pack was £400.

So, the next thing is - what options?

Stuff that I don't need but might be nice are:

comfort access

elec seats

lumbar

black panel (what is this exactly?)

advanced bluetooth (again, what is this)

Black panel is the extended dash functionality. It gives more display functions and adds the Eco Pro consumption graphs to the I drive display if you do not have pro nav. I think it is well worth the £125.

Extended bluetooth gives you voice control, the ability to connect multiple phones and text and email via spoken word. It also enables you to connect apple devices using the standard lightning cable rather than the BMW Y cable. It also brings up album art work which is nice. The sound quality is supposed to be better.

I have none of the other options you list. The manual seats go lower which is a benefit for me.

The black panel looks cooler so buy it, and the Eco Pro consumption graphs (didn't know it added that) are 'fun' when you're bored on the motorway.

The lumbar support was a no brainer for me, it's really good, in the GTI it was a single wheel you turned that stuck a bar in your back, in the BMW it's 3 separate air bags that you can increase individually to the shape of your back, really really excellent. I'm not sure if you have multiple drivers if the setup for lumbar support changes when they use the different keys or not, it doesn't with mine but might do with some of the fancier options.

Depending on what phone you've got the BMW Live option is quite good, I bought it (£90 I think) and then found out it didn't work with the bluetooth on my phone :ffs:

I've always been upfrotn with dealers, told them what I want and closest to that gets the business. I think it always depends upon what time of year / month it is as well as to what they are willing to offer, breaking even or making nothing on a couple of cars is worth it if it means you're hitting volume targets, i never undestood why lots of Audi dealers have boards on the walls in the managers offices with which salesmen and their actuals vs targets, makes it far easier to know who to speak to and when!!

Spec up what you want, email lots of dealers asking them to BAFO subject to order within x days? Would that actually work? Wonder if anyone has tried it.

That's what I always do, and I buy a couple of new cars a year. Set a deadline and say they'll have order by the end of the week, although I don't think first week of the month and year is the best time to get a decent discount.

Just checked a couple of broker for you (took 30seconds), first was offering 9.6% and the second 8.2%, so there are discount available.

Have you had a look at autoebid.com ? Reverse auction so it's dealers bidding against each other without you having to do all the leg work, i've just had a look and they reckon there's at least 7.5% available (and you sometimes get higher). I bought my GTI through there and saved me hassle and money.

Getting a local dealer to match or beat an Internet broker is a ballache but possible. I badgered my Audi dealership for ages and they eventually caved, I guess because the deal suited them at that time. For a couple of percent, I'd personally use a local dealer over a broker. I got the best of both worlds and got £7.5k off an S5.

Ok, it wasn't a local dealer I had an hour and half drive to Kent to get the car from a dealer there but I saved IIRC a grand over what the local dealer (who I really don't like) would offer, once you've had the bid accepted through autoebid you just deal direct with the main dealer as you would do normally.