Expressions of interest please - The 2013 "Car Club 18-30" event.

theduisbergkid

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got back about 30 mins ago. Managed to vibrate my tailpipe trim loose coming off the ferry on the corrugated ramps and it fell off 10 mins later.

Car performed admirably, the new track-focused brake pads where amazing. No brake fade and solid performance. The limits of road tyres are a fair bit lower than track ones though, a dab of oppo here and there!

A couple of minor issues; the nut that holds the power steering tensioner on fell off. Half way round my first lap of the ring the belt came off leaving me heaving it around the tighter corners.

I have the belt in the car and the tensioner is still there so just the nut to replace.

Slightly more worrying was that the fuel rail seems to have a tiny split in a weld. Looks like it's been like that since before I set off though but I have a spare so no drama to change. One of those things that you only worry about once you know about but needs sorting.

A shame that a number of factors meant we didn't get as much track time as hoped but I've got some GoPro footage to have a look through later.

Right... found some pics of our guys on the ring even though most only managed to get 1 lap in before it was closed due to that horrible accident.

Eldavo -

IMG_1532.JPG

tourifotos.de

Luke -

IMG_1466.JPG

tourifotos.de

Carlos -

IMG_2106.JPG

tourifotos.de

Another one here too

IMG_3800_J.jpg

Nordschleifenbilder.de - 2013-07-31/IMG 3800 J

Mook? - cant figure out if this is you...

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_9295_d.jpg

Nordschleifenbilder.de - 2013-07-31/IMG 9295 d

IMG_9333_d.jpg

Nordschleifenbilder.de - 2013-07-31/IMG 9333 d

You can all thank me later you toe rags... god knows why i went though looking at them! bloody teasing myself! :smashfreak:

Ive posted pics up on FB from the trip... have i made a boo boo?

Rich get your account activated again mate and you should be able to see the pics i posted.

No boo boo mate, just Mook trying to be secretive, so dont tag him in anything!! :grin:

Just sent you a friend request too +++

Got home on Fri... Sat i felt a little twinge on the left side of my neck muscle... then yesterday the pain increased to the base of my neck and now im dying at my desk at work. The drive into work was not nice i can tell you... Think that tank slapper in the super dupa 328 has given me delayed whiplash! :(

Have had a good poke about under my car to look at the power steering problem.

The nut on the tensioner turnbuckle came off and disappeared into the ether. So the turnbuckle came loose at one end and it threw the belt off into the undertray until Bjorn's skilful fingers retrieved it.

There's a spacer that appears to have disappeared too (or possibly was never there from a previous service) hence the nut came loose so I'm picking one of those up off a mate tomorrow along with a fuel rail and tailpipe trim.

So, £45 in bits and an hour or twos spannering and I might make Croft on the 21st of August after all ;)