Grab a coffe, sit back and watch this vid on the Singer 911

Mook

I first read about Singer in one of last year's EVOs and the write-up was fantastic in its portrayal of the amount of work and passion that goes into making one of these.

Tipex, don't bother - it's Chris Harris. Go read Taxi Meter Monthly or something :P

28 minutes or so.

Watch it in full-screen glory on YT

Or small screen squiff on here

fJQ4hQSusjE

I'm sticking one of my kidneys on ebay...

I still watch Chris Harris stuff, I just don't particularly like his presenting style, I prefer to just enjoy the cars instead!

Much like everyone who watches Top Gear and then moans about it afterwards!

Did you watch the 'Carbon Fibre - Inside Koenigsegg' video that came up on the YouTube Drive feed the other day? That was quite good.

Edited by Tipex

Whilst it is lovely, and I AM a Porsche person, its a HUGE amount of money for an old chassis, some Cosworth machined bits and bobs and Ohlins adjustable suspension. What real value is billet dash, hand stitched German leather, carbon panels and 17 inch Fuch replicas etc etc and what value will any warranty be in a couple of years time?

The tech they are putting into these cars IS amazing and the tuning etc is really top end, but I am sure, neigh, I know, that you can produce just as nice a looking (probably more so / more original looking), handeling and drivable for a lot less money.

$30,000 for a wiring loom? really?

$300k for the entry level model, heading to half a million for the top of the range model?

I think these have unfortunately gone the way of my recent experience with Rolls Royce. They are good cars. But they are simply not worth the money that is charged for them. Rather, if you buy one its a statement that you have the money to by bespoke, one off cars.

Still, its a nice video and Chris Harris is a good driver and nice chap... search YT for his own Porsche that he built with Tuthills... now thats a car.

Whilst it is lovely, and I AM a Porsche person, its a HUGE amount of money for an old chassis, some Cosworth machined bits and bobs and Ohlins adjustable suspension. What real value is billet dash, hand stitched German leather, carbon panels and 17 inch Fuch replicas etc etc and what value will any warranty be in a couple of years time?

The tech they are putting into these cars IS amazing and the tuning etc is really top end, but I am sure, neigh, I know, that you can produce just as nice a looking (probably more so / more original looking), handeling and drivable for a lot less money.

$30,000 for a wiring loom? really?

$300k for the entry level model, heading to half a million for the top of the range model?

I think these have unfortunately gone the way of my recent experience with Rolls Royce. They are good cars. But they are simply not worth the money that is charged for them. Rather, if you buy one its a statement that you have the money to by bespoke, one off cars.

Still, its a nice video and Chris Harris is a good driver and nice chap... search YT for his own Porsche that he built with Tuthills... now thats a car.

It was a good vid - enjoyed it and IF I had the money probably no less than I'd like to stick AM Works division's way to modernise a 90s Vantage. I can imagine about £300k is what I'd be looking at but what fun in the process!!

I have spent the last hour or so watching these videos through my TV and surround sound, along with the 100 years of Aston Martin, and a few other yutube videos with either supidly large engines or glorious engine notes.

I am really getting the urge again for something V6/V8 with a decent engine note and a lovely burble. After watching Aston Martin, The Porsche Videos, and a RS5 review, I think need to start saving.

Can you get a mortgage for a car? :rolleyes:

Loving that Koenigsegg video - any idea when the next episode is? I wonder if Christian is making any money out of his company. Seems a shame if he isn't given the thought. Anyone ever seen one on the road - I've not.

The next one is out its on the suspension and how unique it is. Subscribe to the drive channel it's been pretty good.

Loving that Koenigsegg video - any idea when the next episode is? I wonder if Christian is making any money out of his company. Seems a shame if he isn't given the thought. Anyone ever seen one on the road - I've not.

Christian is hosting 9 episodes on "Inside Koenigsegg" every Tuesday on https://youtube.com/user/drive

The first ep. was how they do the CF layup, the next was the suspension and roof stowage.

If you dig through the subcategories Driven or Uncut, among awesome gems like a 30min chat with Audi's engine guru Ulrich Baretski you should find a long clip on a tour of the Koenigsegg factory, and one for Pagani.