Washer problems on 2000 passat 1.8 turbo sport estate

steeevek

Hi there. Have recently bought this car. All well, apart from a few niggles, as you can expect from a car this age. The main one is when i try to use the windscreen washers i can hear the motor working. after about 20 sconds i get a weak jet out of the passenger side and a trickle from the drivers side. The rear jet does not work at all. Could it just be the pipes are kinked or will i have to replace them all. does any one have any diagrams about the route of the rear pipe. How can i ckeck where the problem is. Am not a mechanic but am starting to try things myself.

There's a join somewhere in the rear pipework, from what I recall - but don't remember where it is, though - that's usually the problem with the rear washer.

The front sounds very much like blocked jets - if you can poke a needle down them, you should be able to clean the nozzles out, if this doesn't work, then popping them off and soaking them in a washing up liquid solution usually works.

• 3 months later...