Another barn find - This time a DB5

fizzbitt

Classic 'barn find' Aston Martin DB5 found in Sidmouth, in Devon, set to sell at Bonhams auction house in Buckinghamshire for £200,000 | This is Devon

Still find these finds fascinating as to how and why the car(s) end up being forgotten about and left for mice to nest in.

Old Fleetwood off of Fleetwood Mac was on Top Gear last night and he was talking about one of his old cars.

An Austin 7 he bought. Gave it to Clapton to store as Fleetwood was touring, drinking, drugging and generally all over the place. He forgot about it. Then one of Clapton's people rang him about 10/15 yrs later to ask if he was going to move it. He took it back and restored it.

This place is very near me - Aston Martin Sales, Restoration and Service, DB2, DB4, DB5, DB6, DB7, DB9, DBS, V8, Vanquish, Vantage

I know a lad who worked on the electrical side of the restorations and he told me some amazing stories. It wasn't unusual for folk to buy a shed of a car for £100k, have it shipped from wherever, spend £200k+ restoring it, then ship it back overseas to be kept in air tight garages.

The pub (which is really a restaurant with a small bar) right next door, The Black Horse, is owned by the same family and is superb. It has a great reputation and it's a regular haunt of ours. Just down the road you've got the The Stables, which is part of Beamish Hall. Also very good +++