issue esp epc and misfire 1.6se

walto1968

my first post and just saying hi

not sure this is in the right place if not could you move it please +++

when driving the engine light epc and esp lights come on and stays just wondering if im on the right track on these issus ??????

p0302 cyclinder 2 35-10 intermitton misfire ------------- ?could be loom to injectors plugs ht leads or coil pack problem

Component: ESP FRONT MK60 0104

Coding: 0011266

Shop #: WSC 06435

1 Fault Found:

01314 - Engine Control Module

013 - Check DTC Memory - Intermittent,,,,,,,,,,? could be abs pump abs sensors or module on abs pump problem

He As above check coilpacks for misfire.

For EPC and ESP lights, check your brake lights work OK as a faulty brake light switch can cause both these lights to come on in the Mk4 Golf

Your car has the Teves MK60 ABS pump which has a common failure mode with the G201 sensor, which puts on the ESP light permanently, but I would have expected G201 to be listed in the fault if it was that.

Edited by Cuprabob

Hi!

Have you had the coilpacks changed?

You could try moving them about and see if the fault follows?

ESP - hmmm, not sure. Does your ABS work properly? Does the ESP work too?

hi thankyou for the reply

i dont think the coil pack been changed by last owner what im going to do first is change plugs then then put new leads on to see if this the problem if i still get a misfire il change coil pack

He As above check coilpacks for misfire.

For EPC and ESP lights, check your brake lights work OK as a faulty brake light switch can cause both these lights to come on in the Mk4 Golf

Your car has the Teves MK60 ABS pump which has a common failure mode with the G201 sensor, which puts on the ESP light permanently, but I would have expected G201 to be listed in the fault if it was that.

hi thankyou for the reply

brake pressure sensors on the underside of the reservoir/master cylinder. ?

• 4 weeks later...

just an update

only changed the plugs and no misfire turns out that 1 plug failed to spark oh the other thing who ever the last owner was not told that 1 breather hose was broke i put a temp fix on that untill i can get the part

as for the engine light and esp light comes im thinking it as something to do with the aircon compressor ever time i switch on the air con both esp and engine light comes on also i get a griding noise form the compressor when on ??

just an update

only changed the plugs and no misfire turns out that 1 plug failed to spark oh the other thing who ever the last owner was not told that 1 breather hose was broke i put a temp fix on that untill i can get the part

as for the engine light and esp light comes im thinking it as something to do with the aircon compressor ever time i switch on the air con both esp and engine light comes on also i get a griding noise form the compressor when on ??

epc light keeps coming scan saying

[h=3]16955/P0571/001393 - Brake Light Switch (F): Implausible Signal[/h]

• 2 weeks later...