Koenigsegg Agera S Hundra

Andy_Bangle

Koenigsegg may have been established back in 1994, but it didn't deliver its first car to a customer until 2002. Ten years later, the Swedish supercar manufacturer began work on its one-hundredth car, which will be unveiled this week at the Geneva Motor Show. Called the Hundra, which is Swedish for 100, Koenigsegg's celebratory one-off creation is based on a new version of the company's current supercar called the Agera S.

We don't know much about its mechanicals, but based on the latest version of the Agera, the Agera R, we would expect over 1,000 horsepower from its twin-turbo 5.0-liter V8 and performance figures that will require a follow-up call with Guinness.

The right-hand-drive Hundra is being built for an anonymous collector and, as you can see in the few teasers provided by Koenigsegg, features clear carbon fiber bodywork decorated with hand laid and swirled 24 carat gold leaf inlays.

A lot has happened in the past 10 years. Koenigsegg has evolved from being a small and unknown car developer, to becoming a household name, revered for excellence and performance - competing head to head with the strongest brands in the industry.

What a fantastic 10 years it has been:

- Four Guinness World records

- Forbes award for one of the ten most beautiful cars ever made

- Prestigious Red Dot design award

- Top Gear Hypercar of the Year award

- Longest lasting Top Gear Power Lap record ever

- Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst & Young

- Worlds Top 100 Luxury Brands award

- And the list goes on

post-2214-137914494044_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494048_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494052_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494055_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914494059_thumb.jpg

The snippet Christian von K did on the Cargine air actuators was amazing - letting someone film an in-progress in-house development was very brave and very cool.

Is that related to their compressed air power boost/efficiency thing? Am gutted as was hoping to visit the factory this month but a work training has put the brakes on that :(

Finished watching this series very recently and was amazed at how much they do in-house and how advanced their stuff is. I wonder if CvK has ever made any money - 100 cars, a good %age of them unsaleable (Mook's number above), and in business for 20 odd years doesn't equate to a lavish Enzo Ferrari lifestyle. I hope if not, it does come to him.

I'd buy one when the Euromillions comes in - visiting the factory and speccing one up would be a real joy, completely different from rocking up at Egham and buying an F12.

Maybe the same thing a few of my mates are, building the exhibition stands?

They do all the stands for Lotus, and it's no coincidence the hardwood flooring they have in their houses, and I'm getting my hands on for my hall, kitchen and dining room, looks oddly similar to the hardwood floor of the 2012 Goodwood festival of speed Lotus stand!