Audi a6 s-line 2.0tdi 2010 electric door mirrors

EDWAL

I've had this car 3 months and adjusted the electric mirrors once when I collected it. I tried again recently to adjust and now they don't work. Natural assumption is a fuse has blown. Checked the handbook for fuse location/rating....call me blind if you like........ but of all the electrical equipment that is listed etc. the one piece of kit not mentioned in the list is the bleeding electric mirrors/glass heater! Any thoughts on this specific fuse thing ........ or if it's more likely a wire somewhere has come adrift......or anything else anybody knows about activation/switching on/off of componets. Thanks now......

Well each door has it's own controller module and motors, but it is controlled from the drivers door. Messages being sent to either motor depending which way you have the mirror selector knob turned. Just out of interest, you have turned the knob left or right for each mirror? it's not in the center position?

If it's not working it's likely to be that switch/adjuster as both motors would not have failed.

Right craigyb got that...the switch misbehavin then and yes of course your right it be both motors failing all in one go. Yes it's still got manufacturers warranty but I wanted to understand why it had gone wrong and maybe given it a quick fix myself without putting the car into a main dealer with all the attatching incovenience and losing the use of the car for a day for a small matter. In the end it might have to go there if I'm to avoid the cost of a replacement part....thaks guys..any more comments appreciated tho.....I still canott get to the bottom of where this particular FUSE resides on the vehicle.....

thank you for that timely reminder Ian_C....but I'm still working on this missing fuse business first......could it be that the designation for this bit of equipment comes under a generalised heading of something not obvious? Maybe I'll try a brand new thread purely about fuse location.....