New Seat Leon looks great, takes on the BMW 1 series

AZURES3

Late 2012 I bought the current generation Seat Leon for a work taxi and very impressed with the, car considering the cost and huge spec. The new 2013 model looks superb IMHO and more exciting to look at than the Golf.:eek:

Probably little interest on TSN but here is the TV ad

The new SEAT Leon | SEAT.co.uk

Autoexpress pitches it against the BMW 1 series

SEAT Leon vs BMW 1 Series | Auto Express

Late 2012 I bought the current generation Seat Leon for a work taxi and very impressed with the, car considering the cost and huge spec. The new 2013 model looks superb IMHO and more exciting to look at than the Golf.:eek:

Probably little interest on TSN but here is the TV ad

The new SEAT Leon | SEAT.co.uk

Autoexpress pitches it against the BMW 1 series

SEAT Leon vs BMW 1 Series | Auto Express

Doesn't do anything for me. I can't put my finger on why, it just doesn't grab me.

I was a fan of the MK1 Leon, in particular the Cupra R but as much as I liked the exterior of the MK2, I could not live with the poor interior.

The MK3 looks good and the interior looks as if it's come on a fair bit plus they have finally decided tto do a 3dr with the Sport Coupe.

Not really a competitor to the BMW 1 series, different customer.

I like the new Leon, been to one of the launch events (manufacturer not dealer) and its a good car, nice ride, cant fault it even comparing to mk7 Golf. The big issue for me though locally (yes I'm very lazy) is that the Local VW and Audi Dealers aftersales is sh1t3, but the local seat Dealer makes them look like fantastic places to waste your time and money. Also have you heard the latest Seat advertising on radio? It sounds to me like its been designed to appeal to people who are, well maybe slightly lacking in grey matter.

Not really a competitor to the BMW 1 series, different customer.

Almost all will be sold into the fleet market - and that's where the Seat will win, as they are punting out the top of the range diesel for the same money as a 118d M-Sport. Plus, I reckon Seat will give bigger discounts to fleet managers, too.

The old Leon was rejected as a potential option for us due to the really poor interior quality. This one looks a lot better, though.