Drive the deal

DanG

Looking for a new car at the moment and there seem to be some 'amazing' discounts from drive the deal.

They seem too good to be true with huge discounts off RRP.

Has anyone had any experience with them and if they are true, can I take this to a dealer and get the same price??

Thanks!

Drive the deal are kosher, they've been going years & i've posted up a few of their deals in the past. They're a brokerage so once you've agreed terms they'll hook you up with a UK main dealer who'll supply the car (and you pay).

Doesn't hurt touting their price around dealers - if you can find one to match the price.

I got my local dealer to match the DTD quote on the S5. My argument was if one dealership can sell it for x, then they all can if they really want the sale. No one will be selling it at a loss.

However they openly said they'd struggle to do anything other than low book for mine, despite its condition and mileage etc. You can't expect to get big discounts on the new one and also top p/ex value on the old, which is fair enough.

It's why I sold mine privately +++

Booster would know. But isn't it the old days agent sales?

Ford dealer (or any other) hit near target and go over target by buying the stock they need for over target, and selling on the few (if they get it right) at cost into the trade network.

Back in the day it was something like 4% bonus. So sell 50 at £20k and what costs the dealer £900k gets £100k (fictive figures) plus bonus of £36k. So letting some cars through on zero margin is prudent.

Not sure if the manufacture or agent minds too much, they get their coin no matter what. I suspect image plays a part.