2 quotes for damage repair.

M8CKN

Place your bets, got 2 quotes to repair the wing as per picture.

1) Independant body shop, i've used for years whenever required.

2) JCT600 VW main dealer body shop.

Not surprisingly, quotes are quite far apart!!

post-9649-13791449726_thumb.jpg

post-9649-137914497264_thumb.jpg

So are JCT.

They have said new wing, paint wing and blend in to A pillar and bumper. £600

Local bodyshop said easy repair, £150!!

I doubt that quote is for a new wing plus blending. I think they might be trying to pull your pants down and do a repair but charging you more than they should but less than the cost of what a new wing should be to make it more attractive.

If that makes sense. I have had a couple or three tonight!

Insurance approved body shops seem to charge extortionate amounts.

When my Skoda was in for servicing and warranty work, they dented the rear door and scraped the rear arch.

Unbeknown to them I got a couple of quotes while they were (unsuccessfully) arguing the blue paint on my white car wasn't from their garage lift.

One local independent quoted me £150 for paintless dent removal on the door and to smart repair the scrape, and two insurance approved body shops both quoted in the region of 3k.

In the end it went to their own body shop when they backed down and got fixed, no idea what they did or what they valued the repair though.

Edited by Tipex

I doubt that quote is for a new wing plus blending. I think they might be trying to pull your pants down and do a repair but charging you more than they should but less than the cost of what a new wing should be to make it more attractive.

If that makes sense. I have had a couple or three tonight!

They did ask me if I was paying myself, or going through the insurance. Not sure what difference this should make to their quote :rolleyes: