iPhone upgrade?

patently

My old iPhone 4 is getting feeble and pathetic, I'm thinking of upgrading it. As an utter badge snob, I'm obviously only considering the iPhone 5 :grin:

Any thoughts? Anyone have one? How is the battery life?

Seriously? A 5S soon? :ffs:

I do indeed have an uncanny knack of buying Apple kit just before they update it...

So I have the choice of buying the soon-to-be out-of-date one, or waiting a bit for a 5S that will be sold out, overpriced, and generally unavailable from anywhere? Great... :uhoh:

I was under the impression an updated iPhone might be out in June/July on the basis that all Apple's competitors have a quicker product lifecycle and were leaving them behind. I've a 4 at the mo and like Patently am wanting an upgrade.

I'd be very surprised if they deliver a new iPhone before Sept and its unlikely to look any different.

The big change is going to be IOS7 that is being change by J Ive to get rid of the fake design elements like the book shelves and that won't be announced until WWDC and they haven't announced a new phone there for a few years now.

Maybe their extra security is doing a better job but components often sneak out a few months before release and there is next to nothing at the moment.

Patently, just buy whatever iPhone is newest. You'll be fighting the women off with a shitty stick, your schlong will be bigger and you'll find a cure for previously incurable diseases. Probably. Best £600 you'll ever spend etc.

Patently, just buy whatever iPhone is newest. You'll be fighting the women off with a shitty stick, your schlong will be bigger and you'll find a cure for previously incurable diseases. Probably. Best £600 you'll ever spend etc.

Now that's the kind of clear, understandable advice I like +++

Will do!

iPhone 5 ordered today. Thanks everyone, you can shut up now.

Expect the 5S to be announced tomorrow, and to be a massive leap forward over the 5 combined with an unprecedented shock price reduction :roflmao:

iPhone 5 ordered today. Thanks everyone, you can shut up now.

Expect the 5S to be announced tomorrow, and to be a massive leap forward over the 5 combined with an unprecedented shock price reduction :roflmao:

Hopefully not. I still have a couple of months left on my contract :grin:

Why didn't you already know this, especially as you were involved it would seem:

"Patently Apple's sources believe that production on the iPhone 5S could begin as early as July, which points to an earlier-than-September release date, possibly to quash the Android momentum created by the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4."

• 4 weeks later...

Patently - how are you getting on with this?

My IP4 is old and feeble too but I'm hanging on for the new one - however, do I have the patience? IP5 can be got for next to nothing on my contract (which work pays for) so today I'm feeling tempted. I thought the new IP was going to be out in June to cope with the competition of the Samsung thing but nobody here among the Apple watchers are saying that.