The Spanish waiter delivers again

cruiser647

I think he proved he can handle big names like Terry. His press conference about laying off the team and telling them to back them was a very good move. They have really improved and are looking a very decent side again. Is JM really the answer now?

I've never really got the rabid anti-Rafa ramblings - seems nothing more than him having a pop at Fergie that got ManU fans' backs up.

His biggest flaw IMO is (much like Maureen) he will air the dirty laundry in public about internal stuff - to be fair I only have his time at LFC for this and the owners were c0cks at that time - but this is why (for example) he'd be fine at Chelski for a short stint but not long term and why he couldn't go into City especially after Mancini had a pop on his way out too.

He is a cold fish too which does get some players' backs up.

But he is an excellent manager.

It would almost be amusing to see him at Everton which geographically would be good for him as his family still live in the Wirral but I suspect he needs a club with buying power.

Not sure where that could be in England

It would be sort o

He had a dig a Fergie, had a dig at Chelsea, had that list written down on paper at a press conference.

Then he does things like play a team of reserves in important league games if there's a Euro game coming up mid-week, which got the backs up of the LFC fans and ultimately cost him his job.

(Not to mention his 'scatter gun' approach to buying players - he never seemed to know what the hell he was doing, but worked on the theory that if he bought enough players, he'd eventually find a good one or two!)

It's academic, because, once the title was nigh-on won, United took the foot off the gas anyway.

It's not academic as Utd kept fielding their strongest team in an attempt to break the league points total that SAF wanted.

If you argue that then you must also concede that Chelsea prioritised Europe. So either way I think their is some merit in asking the question.

I don't honestly believe Benitez managed to get any United fans' backs up. He was a constant source of hilarity during his Liverpool tenure for two stand out reasons: first, his hopeless attempts to play mind games with Ferguson that always spectacularly backfired, and second, the knowledge that Liverpool would never challenge for the Premiership while he was there.

He won't go to Everton, wrong sort of club and Bill Kenwright has far more sense. His best hope for a job in England is back at Anfield part way through next season.