Beckham retires

cruiser647

When I saw the headline, i was hoping it was going to be Victoria :roflmao:

Recently, football has been secondary for him anyway and he has plenty of other stuff to take up his time and make a modest income from.

What would be good is if he volunteered his services to a small club for free just to keep playing football, more as a hobby.

His goal against Greece to get us to the World Cup Finals, was one of my favourite ever goals scored. I can remember running out of my friends house, jumping up and down like a madman, looking up and seeing loads of other people doing the same! It was an absolutely stunning free kick with massive pressure. Will never, ever forget it.

Good luck to Becks, he has come a long way and turned out to be a real star.

Ok, imagine the situation. We're losing to Greece and will not be going to the World Cup Finals. In football terms, this is the end of life as we know it. We're awarded a free kick, in the second minute of injury time. It really is the very last kick of the game. Up steps Becks (although Sheringham thought about taking it!) and has a one off shot to get us to the holy grail of National Football events. The rest is history.

David Beckham's free kick against Greece - YouTube

not great picture quality, just turn up the volume LOUD!

Really is an era coming to a close now - Sir Alex, the Ginger Maestro and Becks all retiring in the same year. And Carragher, too.

Still amazed at how Giggs keeps going, though.

I remember this generation bursting onto the scene - there was such excitement and hope for England - with Gary Neville, Scholes, Beckham, Owen, Carragher, Gerrard etc., we should have won something on the international stage - but some of that generation will retire with little more than a couple of domestic cups to their name.

His goal against Greece to get us to the World Cup Finals, was one of my favourite ever goals scored. I can remember running out of my friends house, jumping up and down like a madman, looking up and seeing loads of other people doing the same! It was an absolutely stunning free kick with massive pressure. Will never, ever forget it.

Good luck to Becks, he has come a long way and turned out to be a real star.

It wasn't just the free kick though, he gave everything in that match. I have never seen a player run so much before or since. He really showed what playing for England meant to him.

Always seems like a top bloke too.