Monte Carlo GP

Luke

Great quali today. Rosberg is really on form and timed his pole lap to perfection. He must be very happy with that. If Mercs can get to the first corner 1,2 then that have a good chance of controlling the race. Wonder if LH will repay the favour when Rosberg was told to sit behind?

BBC :smashfreak:

I only caught Q3 yesterday, but was exciting. Are we looking at a dry race today? Pre-weekend bookies favourites' Mercedes' drivers are both on pole. Pole to flag snooze-fest?

Dry and warmer on race day which will not suit the Mercs. They may have to block a bit but as soon as they pit the next in line will try for a 3 or 4 lap quali speed and try and get in front. If its really hot the Mercs may need two stops. I can see RedBull or Lotus coming good late in the race.

On a related note, how anyone can ever criticise Sky on their sports coverage is beyond me.

They have take F1 to an entirely new level on TV. Absolutely stunning production, build-up, features and technical information.

It makes the BBC look like the cheap, shoddy and out of date broadcaster they are where sport is concerned.

The price isn't expensive for the coverage you get. I don't generally watch all the pre-race coverage anyway, but it is still a million miles better than the BBC during the race.

With football the simple fact is you still get incredible value for money over a season, though I accept that as an Arsenal fan your enjoyment during the games will be very limited. :grin:

:fecker:

BBC coverage is perfect for me. I don't notice much difference on in-race commentary.

Football commentary is dire no matter what channel you watch. The only good pre/ post-match analysers are Lee Dixon and Gary Neville IMO.

Anyway, anyone else think Perez needs a slap? Just diving up the inside doesn't constitute an overtaking manoeuvre and I've no idea what Alonso was expected to do instead of cutting the corner. I'm glad he had to retire, he didn't deserve to finish. Just annoying that he had to give Kimi a puncture beforehand.

Although Perez gave Kimi the puncture, the way Kimi chased the field down to get into the top 10 was amazing! Really impressive.

And yes, Perez needs to learn patience. A bit like Lewis in his much earlier days in F1, going for any hint of a gap. However, Perez has partial brilliance in some moves and then utter stupidity and haste in others!

Anyway, anyone else think Perez needs a slap?

Raikkonen agrees with you. Quote from him yesterday when asked if the other drivers should talk to Perez:

"That won't help. Maybe someone should punch him in the face."

The German translation overlay doesn't help, but if you listen carefully at the end....:roflmao:

Raikonnen says someone should punch Perez

Edited by MrMe

I always preferred the BBC coverage personally, until Jake left and everything changed.

For the race itself, it's utterly irrelevant which channel you watch it on as it's all done in house by Bernies F1 TV, the only thing Sky or BBC do during the race is the commentary.

I do think Sky do an excellent job, but then I also think the BBC did an excellent job until this year, if it ever gets to the point where I have to pay for it on Sky though, I wont.

Not at Monte Carlo. This race is covered by a seperate director, not from Bernies gang. Usually rubbish too and misses loads of action. Frequently noted by the Sky commentators, that they have no control over the feed.

Not at Monte Carlo. This race is covered by a seperate director, not from Bernies gang. Usually rubbish too and misses loads of action. Frequently noted by the Sky commentators, that they have no control over the feed.

I believe that different broadcasters from around the world do the races, and as a result they often sometimes follow the local driver more than they should and miss some of the action. I think the BBC still do Silverstone for instance.