Any experience of Chaucer Direct Car Insurance?

Waylander

:grin:

They do a neat "family fleet" policy which is perfect for me. At one point, I had 5 cars insured for less than it had been costing me for just the 5 series.

I like the sound of that.

Will check them out now. Ours in due this month, but I haven't had a renewal from Admiral yet.

What's their quote website?

I like the sound of that.

Will check them out now. Ours in due this month, but I haven't had a renewal from Admiral yet.

What's their quote website?

It works nicely, you can set it up with just one car when it is due for renewal, then add cars to it as they come up for renewal. You pay the extra bit for the part of the policy year that is left, then renew them all in one hit. Doing it that way, the first one is usually more than you can get elsewhere, but you're quids in when you start adding others. Or you can cancel them all and start again, taking any refunds that are available on the old policies.

I don't know of an online quote site, I arranged it through these guys, talk to Lee Sargent.

Yes, I got to know them through insuring the 911. They were still happy to look at the other cars though.

They will look at other cars added onto a policy with a "bespoke" car - not interested in "normal" cars.

Lee doesn't work for them anymore btw.

To be fair the guy was incredibly polite and helpful.

Thanks +++

I give up trying to understand Insurance.

Adding wife as 2nd driver to my car (10 year licencce, 1 fault claim within 3 years, 3 points) REDUCES the premium vs me alone.

Adding me as an additional driver to her/dad's car (20 year licence, 13 year no claims, 3 points, have my own main car) INCREASED their bloody premium by £100!!