London poncy restaurant

Andrew

As a last hurrah before impending fatherhood, over the August bank holiday we are planning a poncy restaurant in London. So far The Square has ignited her interest (I wanted to go back to Marcus Waering but do fancy trying something new) so has anyone been?

Michelin stars not imperative but both meals I've had at Waering and Fairlie have been outstanding so looking for the same sort of thing.

Bingham - its not half bad. You could kip there too as a treat?

Failing that, there is an Italian I was at last night in Richmond which is 12 courses... Elasticated trousers needed.

Or, more than happy to take you to my Club in Mayfair that is pretty darn good - bonus being we could get a lift back...

+++

Oh yes, that would be romantic! I'm not after "not half bad" - I'm after stunning. Waering blew me away - it was absolutely amazing and Andrew Fairlie ran it a very close second. Wanted to go to Gavroche but was too late on one date and missed the other all together while on holiday - Roux will have to wait!

Will be staying over somewhere (other than my London digs) that takes Mr & Mrs Smith vouchers - got a load for the wedding but sadly Claridge's prices have escalated such that I'd be spending £400 on top of the £250 voucher we have got. Too much!

:flush:

Strange though it may seem, life doesn't end when you have kids you know.

Granted, it feels like it at times, but it doesn't.:grin:

What about when you get married Chris? (under the thumb).