Mugello FP2

Luke

Two nasty crashes. Bradley, high side landed on his arm/wrist looked bloody painful. And a massive one with Marquez at about 200mph on the main straight. Looked like he got stuck under the bike but no real clear picture of what happened. That was a big one but news is that he may have got away with it. He was strechered off and looked pretty shaken up.

Both back out riding today - Smith booked in for a skin graft to his hand after the race tomorrow and Marquez with his chin all bandaged up inside his helmet and a small hairline crack in the top of his arm! They both seemed to be affected during FP3 - Marquez outside the top 10.

FP3 was an interesting session - Crutchlow and Rossi couldn't find any time but Lorenzo and Pedrosa both improved. I hope Rossi and Cal can find a setting they like a bit more during FP4 and then go 1/2 in qualifying :D

I hope Rossi and Cal can find a setting they like a bit more during FP4 and then go 1/2 in qualifying :D

Amen, to that.

Fingers crossed for a Rossi win. I need to see another proper celebration.

Re Marquez. I know he is an unbelievable rider but I've been waiting for him to have a massive accident. Some of the risks he takes are pretty on the edge. This maybe a technical failure today but he is mad fast.

Takes some serious courage to deliberately throw yourself off when braking from circa 215mph though! It would've been a serious mess if he'd stayed on and hit the wall. Do you remember Nakano having the rear tyre fall apart a few years back on the same part of the track? he slid alongside the wall for about 100 yards!

Didn't hear that it was a mechanical problem - he seemed to unsettle the bike himself coming over the crest when braking for the first corner.

Well it didn't go well for Rossi. 7 tenths off and 7th place. Leaves him so much to do come race day. Cal did well again and Bradley just for being out there. Pedrosa and Lorenzo will be up for the win I think. Rossi just can't get it right in quali.

You're not kidding! I thought Rossi was hit by Bautista who just turned in and collided with him. Shame as Lorenzo's pace was great and his tyres lasted. He may well have got on the podium. Just doesn't seem to be his year. Cal did amazing yet again and has to be in line for a full works ride next season (maybe Rossi?!). Braders also did well with 9th, great effort.

Marquez? Showing his inexperience this weekend. He'll come good but maybe needs to calm down a bit. He could have easily injured himself.